14: Forty Five Minutes

When Namjoon came back to the pharmacy carrying two hiking backpacks, he was limping a little.

"What happened?" Jimin asked, taking one of the bags, "Are you okay?"

"Caught my leg on a bit of broken pipe," He said, crouching down, "There were plenty of first aid kits left in the store though, so I patched it up,"

"Was it a rusty pipe?" Jimin joined him on the floor and began neatly placing the boxes inside the bag,"

Namjoon shrugged, "A little. I'll talk to Doc Yoo when we get back,"

Jimin stood up and threw the bag over his shoulder, before pushing his other arm through the strap, "Good idea. You'll probably need antibiotics, just in case,"

"Well we're all gunna be on them, anyway, so whats the difference?" Namjoon chuckled, "So what now?"

"We need to find somewhere more secure," Jimin said, "It's too dark out to move far, but we can't stay here. Maybe we'll find a car on the way,"

Namjoon nodded, "Yes, Sarge,"

---

"Sorry," Jin mumbled miserably as the people sitting around the table picked at their food, "I'm not as good as Daisy,"

Jungkook stuffed some of the food into his mouth, "It's tasty," He said, dribbling stew down his chin. Yoongi rolled his eyes and reached over, pushing a napkin into his hand.

"Wipe your face. What are you, three years old?"

Jungkook grinned at him, the food still in his mouth and Yoongi rolled his eyes again, "Gross, Jungkook, seriously,"

Hoseok turned his attention to Taehyung, "Hana said Bee isn't infected. Why isn't she eating with us?"

Taehyung looked up from his untouched bowl of food, "She said she's not hungry. Jimin hasn't returned yet and she's worried,"

"Was the pharmacy that far from where we left them, Hoseok?" Hana asked, "They've been gone for hours,"

Hoseok shook his head, "Half an hour drive at most, according to my calculations. They should have been back..." He glanced down at his watch, "Forty five minutes ago, give or take,"

"Forty five minutes isn't that late, Yoongi said, putting his spoon down and stretching, "They might have run into some dead ones and had to hide for a while,"

"Either way, they're late," Jin said, getting to his feet, "I'm going to watch first," He grabbed a bottle of water from the middle of the table and left the room.

"How's Daisy?" Hoseok asked Taehyung quietly, "Is she any better?"

Daisy had been moved from her bedroom to the med bay so Taehyung could monitor her better. Her room had been stripped of all fabrics and bleached until the floors began to turn from grey to white, and Taehyung had even ordered the mattress to be burnt. It was safer that way, and Daisy usually shared with Jin, anyway.

"I sedated her," Taehyung said, "She was beginning to shake,"

The room fell to silence and Hoseok spoke quietly after a moment.

"Isn't that bad?"

Taehyung got to his feet without answering and turned to the door.

"Taehyung, aren't you-"

In one fluid movement, Taehyung spun and grabbed Hoseok by his throat. He moved his face close to the surprised man, his eyes narrow.

"Don't fucking talk to me like we're friends," He growled, squeezing his hand a little so Hoseok began to gasp for air, "None of us are friends. We are comrades at the moment and you are of use to me. The second you are no longer useful, I'll-"

Taehyung stopped when he felt the cold barrel of a gun against his head.

"Let go, Taehyung,"

The medic immediately released his grip on Hoseok and stepped back, his hands up.

"I thought I told you not to hurt anyone," Bee was clearly fuming and Taehyung's muscles relaxed, as if he were visibly trying to make her feel more at ease.

"I didn't hurt him that much," He said, "I was just trying to make a point,"

"Well, you made it, asshole," She snapped, "Now nobody likes or trusts you anymore. Is that what you really wanted?"

Taehyung was quiet, "They didn't trust me in the same way you do,"

"Yeah," Bee said, "Because I don't trust you. Go and check on Daisy and go to your shed. You're wound up too tight and you're too close to snapping for comfort,"

Taehyung glanced at the faces around the room, all staring at him in shock, before leaving without a single word.

Bee sighed, lowering her gun and placing it in the holster on her hip. Her stomach was starting to swell a little, so it was moved around a little further than she would have originally felt comfortable with.

She turned to look at the people standing around the room.

"I think you all need a lesson in how to act around Taehyung," She said, crossing her arms under her chest, "He is dangerous, you shouldn't trust him just because he's doing his job,"

"Yeah, we were wrong," Yoongi muttered, rubbing as his throat, "We got too relaxed around him,"

"And that's what's been putting him on edge," Bee said, "He's got enough stress to deal with, without you lot adding to it by being suddenly super friendly with him,"

"That's not normal," Hoseok said, "That he gets stressed because of that,"

"He's not normal, Hoseok!" Bee snapped, "Do you want to go to his shed so you can be reminded of that?! Just leave him alone for a while, unless you need his help,"

"You don't trust him, Bee?" Jungkook spoke up, his arms around his white hen visibly trembling, "But he would do anything for you,"

"I trust him about as far as I could throw him," Bee said, "And I doubt I could even pick him up. Our relationship is..." She trailed off, "Complicated. The trust I feel for him is different to what you'd think. Taehyung is loyal and has no fear. He's dangerous on so many levels. I trust him in a fight to have my back, and I trust him to protect us if we needed it, but in a general situation, I feel like you trusting him would be like letting a fox loose in a hen house," She glanced at the chicken in Jungkook's arms, "If you would forgive the comparison,"

Bee moved away from the kitchen, "I'm going to the tower. Jimin and Namjoon are late,"

Hoseok looked over at Yoongi as Bee left, "I'm not sure I understand what she meant about the whole trust thing, but I will be staying away from him,"

Yoongi nodded, "Yeah. Bee knows him best. We should do as she says,"