19: Acquaintances

Yoongi followed Hoseok into his room, knowing exactly what he wanted to talk about.

"So," He said, crossing his arms as Hoseok closed the door behind him, "Spit it out,"

Hoseok narrowed his eyes, "Please tell me what you were talking about. I don't want to be this person right now, but if it's something important, I think everyone should know,"

Yoongi ran his fingers through his hair with a sigh, "It's not important. It's something between Bee and I. It's not your business,"

"If it makes the relationship between the people here unstable then it is my business,"

"It's not," Yoongi snapped.

"Please," Hoseok almost begged, "I really hate being this person but the stability here is important. Jimin is under so much stress right now, I don't want secrets making him upset,"

"If he found out, it would make him worse," The soldier said suddenly, "So just drop it,"

"That isn't going to make me drop it, Yoongi!" Hoseok said, "Saying that him knowing will make it worse makes me think..." He trailed off.

"Makes you think what?" Yoongi narrowed his eyes, already guessing what he was going to say.

"You slept with his wife," Hoseok said, "She cheated on him,"

Yoongi felt the strong grip on his temper slipping, and this time he let himself go. He grabbed the front of Hoseok's shirt and swung him around, slamming him into the wall.

"Bee would never cheat on her husband," He growled angrily at him, "And I would never be the cause of such a thing, how fuckin' dare you assume shit like that?!"

"If you don't tell me, then I'll continue to think that," Hoseok said, "I don't want the place to collapse, Yoongi," Tears filled his eyes, "I've finally found somewhere I can belong,"

Yoongi stepped back, his heart pounding from the effort of trying to control himself. He took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair, "I told her I was in love with her, okay?" He muttered, "And I of course got rejected. I wasn't expecting anything else. It's just better that Jimin doesn't know about this,"

The silence in the room was deafening.

Hoseok sighed deeply, "I'm sorry," He muttered, "I didn't know you felt that way. I-"

"Well you forced it out of me," Yoongi snapped, "Apologies don't make a difference here, I told you to drop it,"

"I'm sorry," Hoseok rubbed his face with his hands and moved past Yoongi to sit on the bed, "I'm sorry. I know I'm annoying and everyone hates me, but I can't help over thinking things and being defensive or always thinking the worst of situations. I guess I've been conditioned to be an annoying asshole," He looked up at Yoongi, "My first camp fell because of me," His voice was quiet, "The Lieutenant-General was an asshole, just like they all are, but he was keeping us safe, at least. I heard a group of people whispering and I knew they were going to do something dangerous, but I didn't get the details. I just left them to it,"

Yoongi was silent as Hoseok began explaining himself without warning. He knew that Hoseok was the way he was for a reason, but at that moment, he didn't really care.

"I could have stopped it," Hoseok said, cutting the story short, "By making the relationships better and not hiding things. But I didn't," He cleared his throat, "Obviously, there's a lot more to it, but yeah. I know everyone misunderstands me, and I feel like I'm the most disliked here, but I can't just sit back like I used to. I don't want the place to fall apart,"

Yoongi sighed, "I think the main issue here is the fact that none of us really know eachother," He said, "We've been working and living together, but none of us know eachother. We're all from separate groups. Bee, Jimin, Taehyung and Namjoon came from one. You and Jin were from individual camps, Jungkook, Hana and I were from another and Daisy was alone, too. I think if we are all going to get along like the group you want us to be, we need to make a little more effort. I've been working in the greenhouse and Daisy's been cooking my vegetables, but I don't know what ones are her favourite. I don't know what makes you scared or upset, but I get mad when you push me for information,"

Hoseok nodded, "I agree,"

"Maybe we should talk to Jimin about this," Yoongi said as Hoseok got to his feet, "Once everything's settled, we all need to take a day off to actually make friends. We've been calling this a family, but we don't actually know one another,"

"I'm sorry, Yoongi," Hoseok said, "For being so pushy,"

Yoongi smiled and held his hand out, "And I'm sorry for not being considerate,"

They shook hands and Yoongi moved to the door, "We should probably go downstairs. Jimin's going to want a report,"

---

AN: Sorry the chapters so crappy, I was actually on the phone to Tam through most of it heh heh I was distracted