28: Breach

"I think that's it," Jin said, stepping back from the fence and wiping the sweat from his brow.

"Yeah," Yoongi agreed, "But now I'm hungry,"

Hoseok pulled his shirt on as they moved away from the now complete fence, "I'll go and get Bee," He said, "She went to look at the tulips again,"

Jimin nodded, "I'll go and get Taehyung, then I'll go to the tower. We've left it unattended for this lo-" He frowned as he looked through the fence.

"What is it, Sarge?" Namjoon turned when he noticed the look on Jimin's face, and his own eyes widened.

"Get in the lab," Jimin ordered quickly, "It's a horde! We can't let them know we're here, move!"

Everybody moved to the inner gates except for Namjoon, who sprinted to the shed to get Taehyung inside. As they reached the gate, however, Jimin sped away from them towards the back of the house as fast as he could move. Bee and Hoseok were outside the inner gates, and had no idea there was a horde coming.

***

Hoseok was finally feeling better about himself and his position within the group. After opening up about his past and accepting that he no longer needed to act so defensive, the balance had shifted. Everyone seemed more open and he actually considered them his friends. He got on especially well with Bee, Jungkook and Hana now, and his relationship with Jin and Yoongi had improved, too.

They had become people who were special to him, and he was glad that he had met them. He might not have even survived this long, without them. Of course, Taehyung was a little different, but he was one of the companions, all the same.

As he headed towards Bee's favourite place, he could see that she was already beginning to walk back towards the house. He smiled to himself, waiting for her to get to him so they could walk back together. However, as she was about half way to him, he noticed movement in the grass behind her.

There was a hole in the outer fence, and climbing up out of the long grass behind her, were four dead ones.

"Bee!" He yelled, running towards her, but she couldn't hear him; she was too far away.

The dead ones were moving fast, but in the long grass, they were quiet.

"Bee!" He screamed, picking up his pace. He saw one of them reach for her and sprinted faster than he ever had before. He wouldn't let anything happen to her. Not to Bee. Not this time. He ran faster than he had run upstairs to Denyi and Breea. He ran faster than when he had ran away after they were killed and he ran faster than he did when his last camp fell. He wasn't going to let another person he cared about get hurt.

When she saw him yelling and running, she looked over her shoulder and began to run, her eyes wide with terror. The dead ones were gaining on her still over the uneven ground, and Hoseok forced his body to the limit, going faster than he had ever even imagined himself running.

He reached Bee as a dead one got a grip on the back of her shirt, but he kept running. He ran past her, throwing himself into the dead ones hard enough to knock them flying backwards.

"Hoseok, no!" Bee screamed, whirling around and grabbing his outstretched arm.

"Run!" He cried, screaming as four sets of teeth clamped onto him, tearing at his flesh. Tears filled Bee's eyes as she stumbled back, reaching for the gun at her hip. She hadn't been able to fire before, because they were too close and if she stopped they would have caught her, but this time she had the space.

However, before she could fire even one bullet, there was the sound of a gun behind her, and the dead ones dropped, one after the other, taking Hoseok down to the floor with them.

"Get to the house!" Jimin shouted at Bee, rushing to Hoseok. He pulled one of his bloodied hands over his shoulder and stood up, but the man was completely limp.

Bee went to his other side, taking his other arm, "Quickly, Jimin," She sobbed, "We need to get him to Hana!"

"Shit, he's too heavy for this," Jimin said, "Bee, let him go and run! I'll carry him in, I promise,"

Trusting her husband, Bee let go of Hoseok's limp body and Jimin pulled him, bending and throwing him over his shoulder. He chased after Bee, who was running as fast as she could, her hand on her stomach as they ran towards the inner gate.