"We have to leave early tomorrow morning. Pack your things." Sasha said and exited the room.

Natalie felt sick. She had never dealt with such emotional trauma before. She was three when her parents died. She barely knew them since she was a toddler and it didn't affect her much. 

She knew that fighting with her grandmother was futile. If she didn't pack, Sasha wouldn't mind leaving all her stuff behind and Natalie would be the one at loss. So she picked.herself up and headed to the wardrobe.

The wardrobe was made of old wood and looked like it could collapse at any given minute. She stood in front of it for an hour, shuffling through things and placing clothes in a new and unused suitcase which had previously been buried under clothes. 

After she was done packing, she realised that she had to explain her absence to Lexi.

So she was soon out of the warm hotel and in the wet streets.

Lexi's home was a five minute walk from the cafe. It took Natalie only two since she was practically racing down the streets.

"Oh god! Hello Natalie! What are you doing here at this hour?" Lexi worriedly asked her and invited her into the house. 

Natalie wasn't quite familiar with Lexi's house. She'd been there only once when she had given her interview for the job. But one time was more than enough to memorise the insides of her house.

Lexi's house was a two-storied one. It looked exactly like the one you would find in a children's story book. Red bricks surrounded the exterior and green vines descended the black railings. It was absolutely beautiful inside, with flowery wallpapers and teak furniture.

Pictures of her family and friends hung on the walls of the main hall. Her mother, Elizabeth, fondly called Beth, was one of the most prominent figures in Lexi's life. So one didn't have to think much about why she named her cafe after her. Lexi suffered from severe depression after losing her mother, thanks to cancer. She didn't tend to the cafe for days and spent most of her time sulking. She finally found happiness after the birth of her first son. Soon after, more bundles of joy came along and before she knew it, Lexi was a busy woman. 

"You'll freeze out there. Come on inside!" She invited Natalie.

The air was heavy with the aroma of spices and hot chocolate.

"Would you like a mug?" Lexi questioned Natalie, pointing to three small mugs, all painted blue and yellow. "Sure." Natalie accepted. "Boys! Come downstairs and drink your hot chocolate! Or I'll feed it to Max." She tilted her head towards the winding staircase and shouted. 

The tapping of small feet and little chuckles were heard before three boys appeared. It was apparent who was eldest and who was youngest due to their heights.

"Mom! Dex took my car!" The youngest one, Oliver, pouted and tugged on the hem of his mother's dress. "Dexter, come on now. You're his big brother. You're not supposed to take his stuff." Lexi picked up her youngest in her arms. "Can we watch TV!?" Jake, the eldest one, asked excitedly. "Just for half an hour. Then straight to bed." Lexi bargained. 

Natalie noticed that someone was pulling on her sweater. She looked down to find a five year old Dexter, probably with adrenaline overflowing, tugging at it. 

"Hello! I'm Dexter! Who are you?" He flashed his uneven and partially broken teeth at her. Natalie laughed at the child's behaviour. "Hi Dexter. I'm Natalie. I work with your mommy." She bent down. "Oh! Does she scold you like she scolds us?" He hushed. "I heard that young man. Off you go now." Lexi interrupted and handed him a jug. 

The three terrors soon disappeared into the TV room. 

"Sorry about that. They tend to get a little restless." Lexi sighed and motioned Natalie to take a seat.

Natalie sat one of the heavy and chairs and narrated the entire tale to Lexi.

"That's just horrible! How could she do such a horrendous thing?" Lexi stood up in anger. Natalie couldn't do anything but look at the floor and hope for a miraculous event to occur. "I don't know what to do Lexi. I'm leaving town tomorrow." "Any idea where you're going?" Lexi asked. "No." 

"Oh honey, I can't do anything but wish you luck." Lexi hugged Natalie at the doorstep.

As Natalie was about to walk off, Lexi called her, "Hey Nat! It may feel like the world is coming to an end. But sometimes, blessings come in disguise."