The black sedan came to a halt once it reached the airport parking lot.

The driver opened Natalie's door and helped her step out. Sasha was already briskly walking towards the entrance. 

The air was wet and cold, mourning like Natalie.

"Follow me." Their chauffeur, and now instructor, instructed them as they walked through the large glass doors. Despite the weather, the airport was overflowing with people. The lounge was completely filled and so were any other seating areas. 

Natalie doubted whether they would be able to catch their flight on time. The rush would make it hard to manoeuvre around the large structure.

Through the frosty windows, Natalie could see the airplane hangars. A few planes were still stationary while more ran down the runway and some descended. 

"Excuse me? Are we late for our flight?" She questioned when she noticed that they were taking a different route and heading away from the public. The man looked at her with an astonished expression. "How would we be late for our flight? The jet won't leave without its passengers." He replied.

"A jet?" Natalie gasped. Thankfully, she was a good fantasist and did so only in her mind.

Sasha was pacing and Natalie treaded along.

Within a minute or two, they were at an executive lounge with heaters and red leather seats. A barista was attending to the bar counter where two men in suits were talking and sipping on champagne.

"The jet's already here. You'll be boarding immediately." He said and handed off the luggage to an attendant. "You won't be accompanying us?" Sasha asked. "I have other orders to carry out." He blandly replied.

"Good morning! I'm Delilah and I'll be attending you today." A chirpy red-head almost appeared out of nowhere and squealed. Natalie smiled and nodded. Sasha's permanent scowl didn't leave her face. "Come this way please!" The girl pointed to a terminal.

Within thirty minutes, they were floating amongst fluffy white clouds.

Natalie slouched in her seat and checked her phone. No one usually called her. Lexi had decided that she'd be a hip mom and therefore, she too texted anyone and everyone.

Natalie browsed through the usual advertising texts and halted. Her finger undecidedly hovered over Daniel's chat and latest message. Sighing in frustration, she opened it.

"Nat..."

"I'm so sorry I left you. I shouldn't have."

"I just didn't know what to do."

Natalie felt anger bubbling up. She couldn't believe it. He left her because he didn't know what to do!? That didn't even make sense.

"Where are you now?"

"I'll come and pick you up."

"I'm sorry."

Still fuming, she quickly typed up a reply.

"Too late now."

She knew that the three simple words would leave Daniel confused. He'd probably try to break into her hotel room and be shocked when he saw no evidence of anyone ever living there. But he definitely deserved it. No one leaves the one they love all alone and abandoned.

Natalie closed his chat window and scrolled further down. There was a text from Lexi.

"Hey Natkin!"

Natalie internally groaned. She still remembered the day Lexi came up with the name. She was sipping on coffee and brainstorming. Natalie accidentally tripped and the napkins she had been holding flew everywhere. "Hahaha! Nat and napkins. Natkins!"

"How are you doing?"

"Everything okay hon?"

"Yeah. Thank you so much for caring Lexi. I appreciate it." She replied. Her phone immediately lit up again with a response.

"No need to thank me. You deserve the world Natkin." Natalie smiled. Not many people said such things to her. She couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like to have someone to hold you when you fall instead of laughing at you. 

"We'll be reaching our destination in two hours." The pilot announced over the speakers.