10

Two hours flew by.

"Welcome to Barrow, Alaska." The pilot's voice was heard over the speaker after a seemingly brief pause of two hours.

Natalie looked outside her window. 

Snow covered everything in sight. From the pointy tips of the trees to car roofs. The scene was beautiful and picturesque. However. there wasn't a single soul in sight except for an occasional snow-covered car running down the brown streets. The city was small and underpopulated. It looked almost abandoned. Natalie shrugged as she imagined living there for the rest of her adult life.

"Don't worry miss! It's just a temporary stop. We need to pick someone up and then we'll be on our way to your destination." Delilah practically popped out of nowhere and explained in her squeaky, valley girl voice.

The jet came to a complete halt. Natalie didn't move a muscle. She didn't want to leave her comfortable nest. "Get up you ungrateful being! You'll be meeting your future mother-in-law in a few minutes." Sasha screeched, almost knocking Natalie off her seat.

"Mrs Knight! Welcome aboard-" Delilah's voice was cut off by a chirpy yet sophisticated voice which had to belong to Mrs Knight. "Oh, Sasha! It's been forever since we met." The stunning old woman engulfed Sasha in a bear hug. 

Something about Mrs Knight made Natalie calm down. She didn't look like a very cruel lady or the devil in disguise. Perhaps she was actually a sweet and understanding woman. After an approximately thirty second long embrace, she finally let go of Sasha. She then turned towards Natalie.

Natalie finally got a chance to properly observe the lady. She wore a warm smile on her face along with a maroon lip shade. There was not a single sign of makeup on her face yet she was utterly beautiful. Her medium length faded blonde hair fell behind her shoulders in a loose French braid while a few strands caressed her ageing porcelain face. However, her most stunning feature were her eyes. Emerald green ones. On looking for a few minutes, one would find themselves getting lost in a green abyss.

"And this young woman must be Natalie." Mrs Knight's smile widened. Natalie stood up and soon found herself in yet another bear hug. 

"Ah! I've been waiting for so long! I can't believe I'm finally meeting you. I'm sorry that you had to fly to this terribly cold place. Our other jets are in a different continent and  waiting for a few more days or even hours would be a pain to my sinus'." The older woman exclaimed. "Oh, no need to apologise. It's completely fine." Natalie didn't know how else to respond. "And please just call me Ava. No need of formalities." she quickly added. Natalie managed a weak smile.

"We'll be taking off in precisely ten minutes." The pilot announced again. 

Natalie slouched back into her seat while Sasha and Ava began with their endless chatter and gossip. 

The jet soon ascended into the greyish sky with a recognisable grunt.

Natalie wondered where they were going. She hoped that it wasn't another city in America. Though she liked her country, she wouldn't mind exploring new places around the globe.

Her unspoken question was answered within a short span when the ever so enthusiastic Ava's voice boomed.

"You're going to love Latvia!"