13

She walked out of the bathroom with the sweet scent of honeysuckle lingering around her, thanks to all the similar-scented products. 

As she was about to start drying her hair, someone knocked on the door. Natalie presumed that it was Janet and her presumption was quite right. Janet stood in the doorway with a shiny black shopping bag in hand. 

"This is a gift from Mrs. Knight. She hopes that it's to your liking." Janet said without handing the bag over to Natalie. Natalie had seen a fair amount of films and knew that Janet had been sent to help her get dressed. 

"I can do your hair." Her doubts were confirmed and within twenty minutes, Natalie's hair was dried crisp and put into a beautiful braided bun. 

She then swiftly changed into the dress Ava had sent her. It was a cream colored cotton dress with pale pink florals and lace sleeves. A pair of nude stockings and nude pink high heels accompanied it. 

Natalie was stunned when she looked in the mirror.

The dress perfectly highlighted her curves and looked elegant at the same time. Her short frame had been lifted a few inches and her hairstyle made her look nothing short of a princess. 

"Would you prefer some makeup?" Janet offered. "Maybe a little lip gloss and mascara?" Natalie suggested. She had never actually applied any makeup except lipstick. All the new possibilities seemed unreal to her. The one time Natalie returned a little late and with a slight trace of lipstick, Sasha had made it a point to remind her of her worthlessness.

"There you go!" Janet clapped her hands and stood back, admiring her artwork. 

Natalie turned her head around and looked for any missed places or strands of hair out of place but found none. "Than you so much, Janet." She thanked her maid. "You're most welcome. We did it in under an hour. You're expected in the dining room in ten minutes." Janet glanced at her wristwatch. 

"Would you like to have anything while you wait?" Janet asked. Natalie realized that she hadn't had any breakfast or snacks that day and her stomach decided that it was the perfect time to remind her by rumbling. "Do you have any cookies?" She embarrassedly asked. Janet smiled at her, "Of course. I'll be right back." 

Two minutes later, Janet walked in with a whole pastry tray filled to the brim with tarts, pastries, cookies and little sandwiches. "So tell me more about the Knights." Natalie struck up a conversation. Janet didn't seem surprised and replied. 

"They're as rich as they seem. Their business spans many countries and continents. It was all started by Theodore Knight, the current Mr. Knight's father. He married a French woman, they had eloped. Christopher Knight currently runs everything and the youngest Mr. Knight will follow." She slowly explained. 

"Who's the next Mr. Knight?" Natalie asked. She hadn't really been in a mood to inquire about anything earlier but realized that she didn't know the name of the person whom she was supposed to be marrying. 

Janet stifled a laugh which didn't escape Natalie. "You really don't know who the next Mr. Knight is?" Janet asked in an amused tone. Natalie shook her head. "Well, you clearly don't do blogs or read magazines very often..." Janet trailed off. "Excuse me?" Natalie asked. Janet realized what she had just said. "Oh, nothing." 

"So who is he?" Curiosity was apparent. 

"You really haven't heard of Blake Knight?"