Chapter 12

This particular chapter which happens to be my favourite is dedicated to the most important person pertaining to this book. She was the first to motivate and encourage me to pour out my ideas into a written form. She showed me I can do it even when I thought I couldn't. I intended dedicating the first chapter to her but she is way more than that. This chapter is so far the most important chapter in this book and I wholly dedicate it with an indefinite amount of gratitude and love to Fatridaib
Thanks for everything and anything.

Let's now scroll to know what my Zarah found out on her next mission.👇🏽

Tiring and exhausing, if meant to describe the exams I just concluded could be nothing but an understatement. I almost thought it was unfinishable but actually it was. What a relieve! The tutorial, checking out past question papers and spending hours in the library, seeking for academic excellence is over for now.

I heavily fell with my stomach facing the upward direction and my arms widely spread on my cozy bed.
"We are going home soon," Hanan sang loudly in triumph.
"Lady, don't damage our eardrums,"that was Sadiya.

"Zarah you challenged Dinah? For real?" Jidda questioned carrying a disgusting look on her face. I did'nt bother at all with the fact that she had never looked at me with respect.
"I did, way before the exams," I answered with my own style of look.
"What challenge?" Aisha inquired of me.
"I was studing at the library sometime ago when Dinah started her regular mock. She referred to all my efforts as 'a total waste of time'. I became vexed and fed up of her rubbish so I told her to get ready because she will never be the best science student again." I choose to narrate what happened.

"What's in your head? You can never be on her level, not even on the level below her's. She is way more brilliant than you can ever imagine." There went Jidda again.
"Shut your trap,"Sadiya fired.

I became lost in my own little world, avoiding their constant petty quarrles. I remembered how delighted Sadiya and Hanan were to know about Aisha's mom and we kept it as our little secret. Then about my new mission, Aman promised to fathom out every single information about Malik sir. The job can be done perfectly well by a man with connections like Aman. I also kept on trying in my own little way to get something. 'He must be related to me somehow, I feel it.'

9am at school hall.
Me and my friends strolled in admist people and sat in a convinient place, in the students section.
The magnificient hall was daintly decourated in pure white. Classy humans, extravagantly dressed trooped in with head upwards as though enemies are watching. The high table reserved for honourable guests was at the extreme end on the stage. I rolled my eyes all round but Malik sir was no where to be found. I did'nt mind because I knew he will definately come.
"My girl, what are those beautiful eyes searching for?"Hanan teased in form of question, with a suspicious look .
Before I could answer, Sadiyah responded, "Malik of course".
"You two are trouble makers" Aisha defended me. We all cracked up.

Immediately after that, Jidda stood up saying "well I cannnot stay here because I strongly believe that the best science student isn't here. I gotta go sit with the victor."
"Farewell," Sadiyah replied as we watched her strolled with much ego and pride until she reached her final destination, where she sat beside Dinah.

The boring speeches began. I turned my face sideways and hummed the peom Malik sir thought me. It felt relaxing and also resulted to an unpredictable feeling.

     A while later, Sadiyah tapped my shoulder which brought me outta my trance. "Look who's here,"she said. I looked at the tall entrance door of the hall as it opened slowly. A fair tall masculine figure which I later recognised as Swabir stepped in. He represented his dad, I wished Malik sir came himself.