Chapter 14

"Adjust the gown and rush out, we are the only ones hanging here."I barked at Hanan.
"For God's sake, I wanna look good so let  me finish what I'm doing madam." Came back her reply in a dramatic voice.

"Taking a lot of time in front of the mirror will even make you look ugly, we will be late and you know what that mean especially with Mrs. Sarah as our principal." my second statement wasn't so important for her to reply. In fact, she didn't pay the slightest attention to my warning. 

Hanan had been in the dorm adjusting her gown and cap, adding and reducing makeup. I glanced at my wristwatch and noticed we had only four minutes to get to the school hall and the walk from our dorm to the hall is approximately a ten minute walk. Yeah ten good minutes.

"Enough of this daftness, let's get outta this place. I'm not ready for any discrepancy."
Holding Hanan's hand firmly, I dragged her out of the room and ran to the hall. What else could I have done?

Just then, history repeated itself. What happened last three years happened again, at the same place and to the same person. I stepped on Dinah's toes while running. Again. I came to a sudden halt that very moment.
"You will always be the same idiot you were. This is my favorite shoe," she raised her brows.
"Oh I see," I repeated her act-raised my brow. I had been fearless through the years, guess it happened because of the time I spent with Sadiya, the no-nonsense lady.
"Keep it, I'll have it cleaned when I'm less busy. It's so unfortunate for your favorite shoe to be dirty on this big day."I spoke in a powerful voice as I dragged Hanan for the second time, off to the hall.

A deadly glare came from the principal as she saw us came late. Ignoring her glare, we joined the queue where my other friends were.

"How do I look?"Hanan inquired of Sadiya and Aisha with much bravado and confidence as we came to a halt beside our friends.

"You aren't looking any different Hanan, siting before the mirror for hours has absolutely no use," Sadiya teased making Hanan push forth her mouth in a pouty manner.
"She's jealous, don't mind her. You look perfect Miss world."Aisha took Hanan's side.

The only moment I agreed I was really graduating was when I collected my certificate from an eminent professor. I'm freaking out. Alhamdulillah. Oh Allah! I'm now out of high school. Yaaaaaay!!! University, here I come.

Actually, It's been two years since I took the unbreakable promise to my mom. Malik sir had visited my school more the hundred times but I didn't spare a glance at him. On rare occasions , I send him back with harsh words. He tried his best to amaze me but his efforts were futile. He and his egoistic son were out of my life for good. It's been a year since I saw Malik sir, I never missed him, not even for a second. I often saw his rude son,but I rather talk to a tree than to him.

"You have many things that are more important, why bother me. See, you have absolutely no space in my life so you better go some other place and live me alone. Don't ever think I can't do without you."was the last thing I said to Malik. With a how-can-do-this-to-me look, he stormed off in a rage with his eyes filled up.

I never thought I will but I hate him, A man who made tears roll down my moms' cheeks can never be a friend.  Never.

All though the years, Jidda had been with Dinah, in her dorm. She became even more mysterious and evil. We became her high ranked enemies or rather most targeted. Well that's better than having her in our room.

All graduating students ambled out of the hall with wide exciting smiles as though blessed with paradise. After much pictures, we bade our mates good bye. With little tears escaping from some eyes, we all left.
I heaved a sigh of relieve, graduation for me wasn't easy at all.