Chapter 22

"Zarah there is something that Dinah wanted to tell you but couldn't. Swabir was friendly to you at first while we were in school but she made him change. She told him nasty things about you which were lies. She regretted that act and recorded a video few hours before her death, stating all she said about you were lies and how she sent thugs to Swabir and sent to all his social media accounts. She wanted to purify you in his eyes,"Balqis continued crying painfully while I stood without uttering a word.

I never wanted her to talk about the deceased like that but she needed to. Dinah's death was a painful one to me. It took me a long time to overcome my sorrow.

The fight between me and Swabir will be over when he watch the video. What if he didn't' a voice spoke from somewhere in my head. If he didn't watch the video, the fight will continue. It is as simple as that. I never intended telling him to watch it in xase ww meet. He would not believe any word I will speak to clear myself so there is no need for that. He is rigid and so I was too. At a point, I thought I need not to explain myself to anyone. I knew what type of person I was and that was enough for me, enough to keep me moving.

It was on a Wednesday, a day to Abrar's wedding. Swabir will definitely be there so I contemplated attending the Henna design ceremony on Thursday. 'Why would he even bother to attend girly ceremonies? ' I thought. He was too manly and arrogant to be there. I had no business with him so I thought I should just ignore him and do the chores I had to.

Every moment I keep quite, his face appeared. His chiseled face that knew not laughter. I wondered if he had every laughed out loud, that's too far, let's say smile. I thought of how I would spend a day without smiling since I don't own all the problems in the world. '
Does Swabir have any issue disturbing his mind which prevents him from laughing? Is he workaholic? Is he always angry?' Why would I be thinking of him? He is not my bussiness at all." Questions like that kept coming when I realized I had been holding a mop for years. Not really years but long time. It dawned on me that I was to mop the floor when I managed to drag Swabir's thought out and do what was vital.

I took my bath and wore a black cape abaya which had some embroidery at the top. I don't wear bright coloured clothes to henna ceremonies, they are prone to getting some henna too. Rolling a black hijab, I thought of checking on Maryam who had been in the bathroom for three day, it felt like that though sincerely she had spent a couple of hours there.
"Maryam do you want to change the colour of skin in there?"I stood before the door and didn't expect any answer for she was in the bathroom.
"Yes if possible,"came back her sharp reply few seconds after I spoke. She totally forgot or even ignored the bathroom manners but had managed to prove she was okay in there.

As I was about to send my reply, she pushed open the door and emerged out of the bathroom.
"You wouldn't have done any better if we were about to visit the presidential villa," I dramatically displayed a frown.
"Whatever, "she shooed me and my statement.
"Where is my phone?" I enquired.
"It's there,"she pointed at the bed side drawer. She had made my phone her's despite having her own. I practically didn't want to complain for Maryam can defend herself before whoever. She had a sugercoated mouth. She instantly remindered me of Sadiya - the wrestler. She was ever-ready to fight whoever step on her. A no-nonsense lady I am always proud of.

"Hello Engineer!"I called when Rayyan answered my call.
"Hmmm when did you start to call me that?"he was amazed.

"Don't you like it?"
"Madam when will you stop answering a question with another?"

"Well that's what you just did too,"I laughed.
"You caused it. You taught me this. It's a one-one now"he spoke on the other end.

"Yeah a tie. Are you in the office?"
"Yeah, I'm just leaving the office. You told me I'll be taking you to Hanan's house right?"