Ethlyn and Aideen: Tea Time

It's nice to be around the other children of the nobles.

Granted, that category has its exceptions. In House Velthomer's case, Azel is the duke's younger brother. And try as she might, Aideen can't forget Briggid.

Still, Ethlyn's sitting in front of her. The younger pink-haired girl stares at Aideen expectantly. "Would you like some sugar with your tea, Your Majesty?"

"No thank you, Your Majesty," she replies. "I will take milk if it is available, though."

Ethlyn "pours milk" into Aideen's wooden cup.

(Behind Ethlyn, the Duke of Freege's elder daughter turns a cartwheel, crashing in Azel.)

"How has your kingdom been, Your Majesty?"

"Very well, thank you!" Aideen smiles. "We just celebrated a victorious war, so we've had lots of balls."

"What sorts of dresses did you wear?"

Aideen counts off on her fingers. "Pink ones, red ones, blue ones, purple ones..."

(Now the younger son from Dozel is arguing with the Freege girl.)

"How wonderful! You must show me the next time I visit!" Ethlyn takes a sip from her own cup. "After we finish our tea, shall we visit the stables?"

"Oh, yes! I've heard that you have a few new foals. Is that true?"

Ethlyn nods. "Indeed. The royal stables are full with young horses!"

Suddenly, Azel runs up to them. "Aideen, Ethlyn, we need to get out of here!!"

Ethlyn frowns. "Why?"

"Bees!"

+++

 I was partially inspired by this post:

http://allitalksfandom.tumblr.com/post/134248248850/jennytrout-askgeorgebush-smilingemoticon-wake