Things You Said with No Space Between Us (PattyxFee)

"Hey. Are you doing okay, Fee?"

Fee supports her head with her hand, elbow on the ground, and looks at Patty. "Of course. Why do you ask?"

"Well, today when you were talking to your father..."

"I'd rather not talk about it, Patty."

"You didn't mind that I asked him about my mom, did you?

"No! I mean, I'm glad you did. But we should probably get some sleep. Sir Seliph said that we're going to try to take back Pereluke tomorrow."

Fee rolls onto her back, leaving Patty to her thoughts.

———

A week passes, and Pereluke is theirs.

Since they aren't in a tent anymore, Patty and Fee aren't rooming together.

They haven't talked about Fee's father since that night.

———

"Nanna and I would like to visit town later, Prince Seliph."

Patty glances up from her counting of money to see Prince Leif address his cousin.

"Would you grant us leave?"

Seliph smiles. "Of course, Leif."

"Thank you, Your Highness," says Nanna. "We've heard wonderful things about Miletos' shops, and the chance to see them for ourselves would be amazing."

Patty's heard about the jewelry of Miletos, of course; every respectable thief has. But this gives her an idea.

"Prince Leif, Nanna, do you mind if I tag along?"

They glance at each other and blush before agreeing. Interesting, but Patty doesn't let it bother her.

———

Her first opponent in the arena is a Wind Mage. He's fast, sure, but she's faster.

She lucks out with the Paladin. He can't handle her Sleep Sword. If not for that, there's no way she would have been able to chip away at him.

Next is a blue-haired swordwielder. Now he puts up a fight! (But Patty has someone to win the prize money for. He doesn't. She refuses to let him win.)

The Dark Mage is a breeze compared to her other magical opponent.

The Great Knight, too.

But she doubts she can make it farther in the tournament. So she collects her winnings and goes off to find Leif and Nanna.

———

That night, she knocks on the door to Fee's room.

"Who is it?"

"It's me!"

"Patty? The door's open!"

Fee's sitting on her bed.

Patty rocks back and forth on her heels. "So...I got you something."