When you break up

Tony Stark/Iron Man:

You were sitting on the couch watching a movie as Tony was in his lab once again. You had your hands rubbing your temples as your frustration grew inside of you.

You had noticed Tony had become distant again and it was a breaking your heart. You knew he was busy with work and the Avengers but he never had time for you, not to talk, not to just sit down with you at a meal, or even watch a simple movie on a Friday night. You hated feeling like his last priority but at the same time you knew he loved you and wanted to be with you.

Your heart was torn in two, knowing you still loved Tony but also knowing the stress he was under. It hurt you so fucking much but you couldn't tell him because he never had the time to listen.

You held your breath as you made your final decision. You stood up and walked to the elevator and told JARVIS to take you to the lab. As the elevator descended, you contemplated everything making your stomached dropped.

You reached the floor and walked in, seeing Tony tinkering with one of his suits. He didn't notice you till you cleared your throat.

"Oh, (y/n), didn't see you there," He acknowledge as he stopped working, wiping the grease off his hands on a rag.

"Of course you didn't," You mumble under your breath, "Look, Tony, we need to talk,"

He smirked, "Wait no, let me guess, your pregnant? Wait no, breaking up with me?" He joked, not noticing your clenched fists and tight jaw.

"As a matter of fact I am," You stated seriously making Tony's smirk drop, "Tony, I can't do this anymore,"

"Wait, what?" Tony voice drops  with confusion.

You sigh, getting mentally ready to punch yourself and Tony in the gut, "Tony, I...I can't be your... pet fish anymore. I can't take this pain anymore,"

"What do you mean 'pet fish'? Is that what you think you are?" His voice choked up as he visibly looked miserable.

"No and that's why I'm doing this. I think I deserve better than this, than being ignored or too busy for," You gestured to his work place with a frustrated face.

"(y/n), that's not what this is," He some what pleads.

"Then why have you missed dinners with me, or movie nights, or just plain hanging out with me, hm? You don't talk to me about anything and I'm sure you have your reasons but I can't handle being out of the loop for so long," You rant as you feel as if your going to cry.

You could see Tony fighting back tears as realization strikes him like a dagger, "So your really leaving?" He weakly asks.

"It's for the best, Tony," You nod and turn back to the elevator.

"Wait...wait no, I can fix this, (y/n) please," You hear Tony plead to you before the elevator doors close.

"Where to, miss (y/n)?" JARVIS asks in his normal tone.

You sniffle, wiping a stray tear, "Main entrance please,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Rogers/Captain America:

Steve knew something was starting when he stepped out of the meeting, when the Slovakia accords were introduced. He could feel it in his bones when things were going to get bad. And with his emotions scrambled from the lose of Peggy, he didn't know what to do.

He had gotten home from the funeral and you were waiting for him in his room. As soon as you saw Steve you could tell he had been crying. You stood up and looked at him in pure sadness. You walked up to him and hugged him, which he returned softly. You two just too there for what felt like years till you spoke.