Answers

*Sin's POV*

  I knew I had to tell Jealousy today, about our mom calling me, but I was scared. I didn't want her to go back to drugs because she gets freaked out. But then, I don't have a lot of room to talk.

  Chris said he would call Jealousy for me, and tell her I need to see her, but I had to physically tell her myself, which I understood. I was in the kitchen making pancakes, since I guess Sidra had asked Chris to make them, when I broke down.

Chris was busy cleaning the bathroom.

  I poured batter onto the griddle, and thought about what exactly I would say to Jealousy. I didn't wanna go with just, "Oh yeah so uh Mom called not sure why." cuz that seemed heartless.

*That afternoon*

  I heard the front door open, and knew it was Jealousy, since she never bothers knocking when she gets here. "Hey sis!" she greeted me, walking into the living room with Chris, the girls, and I.

  She laughed at the girls, since they were staring intently at the TV, which was playing Sponge-bob Square-pants. "Don't burn your eyes out, girls!" she teased, and I doubt they even heard her.

  "What's up Sin?" she asked, plopping on the couch beside me. I shook my head, pointing at the girls. "Not something they can know?" she guessed quietly. I nodded, and she suggested we go into a different room to talk.

  We went into the kitchen, and I offered to get her water or something. "I would rather you tell me what's going on." she said, frowning at me.

  I bit my lip out of anxiety and nervousness. "If I tell you, you have to promise me you won't panic or do anything stupid." I said with a shaky voice.

  She squinted at me, as if trying to read my mind. "Alright, I promise." she said finally. I took a deep breath, then quietly told her, "Mom called me last night..."

  She got a look in her eyes that read angry and scared. "Why?" was all she could manage to say. "I don't know. I dropped the phone and ran, and when Chris realized who it was, he came to check on me."

"Chris talked to her?"

"For about 30 seconds."

"What did she say to you two?"

"Nothing, she didn't get a chance."

  My phone rang in my pocket, a call, and Chris came running in as I grabbed it out. I looked at the caller ID. Unknown. Fuck. "Who is it?" Jealousy asked. I pressed a finger to my lips and answered the call.

Sin: Why are you calling me?

Megan: Is that any way to talk to your mother, Sin?

Sin: Obviously it is.

Megan: (laughs) You always did have a smart-aleck side to you. How are you, Sin?

Sin: What do you want?

Megan: I want what all estranged parents what. To reconnect.

Sin: Yeah well that's not going to fucking happen.

Megan: Don't you care about me, Sin?

Sin: Oh yeah. I care. I care that you burn in Hell for eternity.

Megan: I'm sure your father is already there, sweetheart.

Sin: ...what do you mean?

Megan: Your father died a year ago, Sin.

  My mouth fell open. My dad was dead. Finally. I'm sure he offed himself for some Satanic reason but still, he was gone. Thank God.

  "What is it?" Jealousy whispered. "Dad is dead." I whispered back, and she started to cry tears of happiness.

Sin: Must suck not having a partner for all your fucking rituals.

Megan: We stopped all of that about three years after you left. However, I do miss him terribly.

Sin: Hmph. I don't. And I highly doubt you've stopped.

Megan: It's the truth. Come to the house and I can show you, all of it is gone.

Sin: Like I'm gonna fall for that.

  Jealousy and Chris gave me a curious look, but I waved my hand at them, as a way of saying to wait.

Megan: Are you there?

Sin: Oh, yeah I- you know what, no, I'm not. Bye.

Megan: Wait!

Sin: (growling) What?!

Megan: Will you meet me somewhere, then? I would love to see you, and Jealousy as well. How is she?

Sin: ...She and I will think about it.

Megan: Thank you. You always were the smart one.

  I hung up the phone and all but threw myself into Chris's arms, chucking my phone onto the counter. "What did she say?" Jealousy asked me. "She wants to see us."