Meeting

*Sin's POV*

  I was sitting on a park bench with Chris, Jealousy, and Ricky, and all four of us were extremely nervous, Jealousy and I especially.

  Jealousy and I had finally agreed, after Mom begging for a week, to see her. We made it very clear, though, that we would only meet in a public place, and both our husbands were going to be there. What we didn't say was why our husbands would be there: to help protect Jealousy and I.

  When Electra, Sidra, and Azarius all found out we were going to the park, they wanted to come with us. But we made sure they didn't, leaving them at the Motionless house in care of Balz, his girlfriend Ryan Ashley, Ghost, and his girlfriend Kylie. Kylie, it turned out, actually knew Zain, but both refused to say anything about the other other than, "She's a bitch." or, "He's an ass."

  "What time is it?" Ricky wondered out loud. I pulled out my phone to check, but Chris answered first. "2:29. It'll be here any minute." I chuckled at his referring to my mother as an It.

  As if on cue, I saw her walking up the path towards us, and clutched Chris's arm fearfully. He looked and saw her, and I pointed her out to my sister and brother-in-law.

  She looked around, searching for us, and spotted us after a moment, a smiling appearing on her red lips. She sauntered over, dressed in a black, V-neck, long-sleeve shirt, with plain denim jeans, and black flip-flops.

  She had changed her hair color sometime in the last seven years; it was now very very blonde, whereas it had been dark brown before. He eyes were the same light brown they were before.

  "Girls, hi!" she chirped, and I just gave her a weird look. She sauntered over to us, as I heard Ricky mutter, "This bitch..." and I burst out laughing.

  Mom walked over, and we stood. She paused for a split second, and I have a feeling she was slightly intimidated by Chris and Ricky. Good. She fucking should be.

  "Sin, Jealousy, how are you girls?" Mom asked us, reaching out to hug us. Both guys stepped in front of us protectively, and I grinned. I looked at Jealousy, and caught her doing the same.

  "So um, girls, who are the guys?" Mom asked nervously. "This is my husband, Ricky." Jealousy answered, wrapping her arms around his thin torso from behind. "And mine, Chris." I added, stepping beside him and talking his hand in mine.

  "Ah, Chris, I'm glad to finally meet you." Mom smirked. "And you too Ricky." she quickly added. "What the fuck do you mean finally?" I asked suspiciously. "We've spoken before, more than once, haven't we Chris?" Mom smiled at him.

  "Chris?" I glared up at him. Curse my being so damn short! "Yeah, we have.." he replied sheepishly, staring down at his feet. "What the fuck, man?" Ricky asked him, and Chris just shrugged, probably embarrassed.

  "Sorry to cause trouble," Mom interrupted, "I assumed you knew, Sin." "No, I didn't." I snapped at her, "Why the fuck were you talking to my husband?" "Because I couldn't talk to you." she responded bluntly.

  "Yeah, that's one thing." Jealousy blurted, "Why Sin and not me? Why just her? If you wanted to fucking talk to us both, why not fucking do that?" As much as she despises Mom, I know that still hurt her to some degree.

  "Yeah, is she not fucking good enough for you?" Ricky spat at Mom. Mom looked overwhelmed by all of us getting pissed off at her, and pretty frightened, though I could see she was doing her best to play it off.

  "I couldn't find you, Jealousy." Mom finally answered, "I could only find Sin." "So I'm all fucking over social media, and you couldn't find me?!" Jealousy yelled at her.

  "Did you even fucking try to find me? Or did you just look for Sin, cuz you always paid more attention to her! You and Dad both! I'm GLAD he's fucking dead, I wish you were too!!!" Jealousy ran off, crying, and Ricky chased after her.

  Mom looked as though her world had just completely shattered before her. As much as I resented her for everything she's done, all the beatings she's given me, and letting Dad rape me, more than once, I knew I needed to be the bigger person.

  "You okay?" I asked Mom. She shrugged. "I suppose. That was well deserved, after all..." Part of me wanted to reach out and hug her, but I decided against it. She let me suffer for 18 years, she can go without a fucking hug.

  Chris suddenly let out a giggle, and Mom and I both looked at him curiously, so he explained, "Thinking of Abigail, that's all." "What about it?" I asked, not understanding, and he began to sing softly.

Burn

Baby burn

She's a witch

She's a witch

And I'm a heretic

  I rolled my eyes at him. "You would, Chris, you would." I laughed. "I really don't practice anymore, though..." Mom said quietly, looking ashamed of herself.

  "So Megan, why choose now to reconnect with the girls?" Chris asked her. I was honestly wondering the exact same thing. "I mean, you've had seven years to try to get them back. Why is now so different?"

  "I don't know, really. I woke up last week and decided I wanted to reach out to them." Mom answered. "And you expect them to just forgive you for everything and welcome you with open arms?" Chris wondered.

  Mom shook her head. "Absolutely not, I know what I did was unforgivable. I was expecting at least one of you girls to punch me honestly." Mom laughed slightly. "I wish one of you would." Chris whispered in my ear.

  "Chris, no." I scolded him, shaking a finger at him, "What would the girls think?" "Girls?" Mom butted in. "Yeah, we have two daughters, twins." I explained to Mom. "Really? Can, can I see them?"

  I smiled and pulled out my phone. "Really Sin?" Chris groaned. "Yes!" I replied. I went to my photos and clicked on a picture of the girls, Chris, and I, then showed it to Mom.

  "They're really beautiful." Mom admired. "Yeah, they are." I said, smiling widely. I could feel frustration radiating from Chris, and decided it was time to go.

  "Well, Mom, I think it's time we part ways." I told her. "Will I see you again?" she asked. I thought before answering. "Yeah, you will." I asked for her number, and she gave it to me, and then Chris and I left.