2 ~ What's wrong?

Mentions of abuse, just a warning-

Something was wrong with Zane. Earlier today he missed an ingredient when making pancakes for everybody. Even he can make half decent pancakes! Zane never messed up when cooking, either.

Cole studied the titanium ninja. He still had his regular day-clothes on, probably because he fogrot to change into pajamas, and he was looking away from him, shaking and obviously trying to hide it. He was never the best liar, but he was usually great at hiding his emotions. Why was this so different?

Cole looked down only to see a blue paper sticking out under his blankets. He reached for it and took it, making Zane look over at what he was doing. When he saw the blue sheet of paper in Cole's possession, he quickly tried to reach for it, "C-Cole wait-"

"Zane, I won't look at it if you don't want me too. But, I really want to know what's bothering you, dude," Cole stated, leaving the blue folded paper in his hands.

Zane's heartbeat was going faster and faster, and his anxiety levels were quite high. He didn't want him to see it was his blueprints. That would be a dead giveaway to what's bothering the android. He doesn't want him worrying about an old robot.

Cole must have noticed Zane was freaking out from how fast he was breathing. Worry sparkled in his mossy green eyes, "Zane..?" He breathed out, going for my hand.

"Zane," the dark figure breathed out as he went for Zane's hand, his gloves still stained in the blue blood, which he had told the nindroid was replaceable so it didn't matter how much he lost.

He was pushing himself against the wall. He just wanted to leave, get out of this laboratory and run as fast as he could. He could start a new life and forget any of this ever happened. Dr. Julian, his father and creator, was looming over him. He had one hand behind his back and the other was reaching out to help the poor android up.

Zane stayed where he was, trying to shrink down were he sat against the two walls. He had the nindroid cornered, and the door was locked so Zane couldn't run away. Even if he tried he would grab him and punish him. Not listening to his rules resulted in pain, which he knew he felt. He made Zane after all!

"Zane, I'm here for you. There is no need to worry, Son," he tried to soothe Zane, calm him down so he would take his hand. Zane was done falling for his tricks.

"N-no! Get away from me, please!" Zane pleaded, blocking his face with his arms to protect himself.

"Son, I will not hurt you. I just want to talk," He said as he grabbed Zane's arm, trying to pull him into a standing position. Zane jerked back and pulled away from his hand, kicking him away. He fell on the floor, landing on his back. He had brought up his other hand to try and stop himself from falling.

In his hand was a screwdriver, which he dropped when he had tried to grab something. Zane lunged for it so he could have something to protect himself with.

Dr. Julian hissed as he sat up, rubbing his head which smeared some of the blue blood onto his forehead. Pure hatred was evident on his face.

"You damn machine," he growled, staring right at the robot who held a screwdriver, trying to protect whatever could be saved. Zane lay on his stomach right by the mad man, screwdriver in his hands. He attempted to roll onto his back and stand up, but instead felt someone holding him down.

"You'll regret doing that," he snarled, taking the screwdriver from the nindroid's hands. Zane whimpered, trying to squirm free. However, Dr. Julian had planted his foot right on Zane's back to prevent him from getting away.

Dr. Julian grabbed his son's sleeve and lifted his foot off the poor boy, pulling him to his feet. Thw robot struggled to get away, but his father had a firm grip on his sleeve. His attempts were useless. No no no no, not again, please no!

He let go as he tried to grab the machine at a better angle, but Zane was fast. He ran towards the door, trying hard to open it. Sadly, Dr. Julian grab him by the back of his shirt and pulled him away from the door, pushing him onto the floor.

"Get up," Dr. Julian demanded. Zane did not move, terrified of what would happen if he followed his orders and delt with the punishment, but also terrified of not disobeying.

"Get up I said!" He screamed, but Zane lay there, stiff. He growled and walked over to the door, unlocking it before leaving and slamming it shut. Zane heard a click, signaling he locked the door.

"Zane!?" The nindroid blinked away the memories, looking up at Cole. Up? Did he-

"Oh my first spinjitzu master, I thought you died or something!" Cole sighed, letting out a breath he had been holding in.

"Cole, it appears something happened. May you explain?" Zane asked, confused as to why he was on the floor.

"I'm not sure. I tried to grab your hand and you suddenly blacked out," Cole explained, helping me up. "It was weird. But you have been weird recently so I thought this had something to do with this," he grabbed the unfolded blue papers.

I stiffened, glaring at my blueprints. "Uh-"

Cole smiled and grabbed me, hugging me tightly. "Why didn't you tell me? Zane, I'm here for you," Cole was starting to cry. His poor Zane-

"I- I didn't want you worrying about me-" Zane tried to explain. Cole just squeezed him tighter.

"Dude, I always worry about you. I'm glad I know what's wrong so I can help you!"

Zane smiled, hugging his boyfriend back, "I'm sorry for not telling you."

Yeah, another day another chapter! Let's hope I don't lose motivation-