4 ~ Let's not worry about me

A warning for sensitive topics

"That does not matter anymore. My father is dead, Cole," Zane insisted. Cole took a deep breath to calm himself.

"I know, I know," The ghost sighed, "but that doesn't change anything. I'm sorry you had to deal with that asshole."

Zane chuckled. "That is far behind me. I'm not sure why as of recently it's all been coming back. I'll be sure to tell you if I remember anything else," the android promised his tired boyfriend.

Cole smiled before yawning, "Right. Please do, Bud. I'm going back to bed. Night, Zane!" Then the ghost got up and left his room, closing the door behind him. The room got dark and quiet.

Zane's eyes roamed the room. They landed on his blueprints which weren't far away. He grabbed them from where he was seated and looked at it. In the corner sat his father's signature.

He placed his finger on top of it, rubbing the paper. He could still tell where the indentations were on the paper where Dr. Julian had pressed down on the pen to put his signature.

The nindroid folded up the paper and placed it on his desk besides the bed. That was all in the past. No need to have anxiety over things that are done and over with. He turned the paper over before spotting something. He glared at it, "when did this get here..?"

Time skip

Cole awoke at seven O'clock, an hour later than usual. He changed and went down the hall, half expecting Jay and Kai to be playing videogames together, Lloyd to be sitting at the table eating breakfast, Nya to be yelling at Jay and Kai to quiet down, and Zane to be in the kitchen making a proper breakfast.

But instead it was quiet. The controllers sat by the TV, the table was empty, and Nya wasn't yelling. Not even Master Wu was here. He had buisness to attend to a few days ago and is still really busy.

Cole walked into the kitchen, but didn't find Zane, "Where is he..?" Cole asked to no one in particular. He walked outside onto the deck, looking around. No one. He must still be asleep then.

Cole closed the door to the balcony and walked back towards Zanes room, stopping at his door and knocking. Nothing. He knocked again, but Zane still wasn't answering. The earth ninja opened the door, but his boyfriend still was nowhere to be seen.

"Zane? Hello!" Cole called out. Did his boyfriend go shopping..? That must be it. But he would leave a note. Cole spent the next thirty minutes looking for a note with no luck.

Cole yeeted into his room and grabbed his phone, calling Zane. He waited for three seconds which is how long it usually took for him to answer. After five seconds Zane hadn't answered. After about 20 seconds of waiting and anxiety, he heard someone pick up.

"Oh my god Zane you terrified me! What took you so long-" Cole began, relieved and worried at the same time.

"I'm afraid I don't know what your talking about..?" Zane stated, sounding super confused.

Have a cliffhanger-