11 ~ Meeting Up

"My apologies," Zane said through the phone. He really should be able to do something, but he was so lost. He can't remember anything besides these past few weeks, but something felt so right about talking to Cole.

"No, you're good. It's okay," Cole replied, assuring the android that it was alright. "How about you just give me your location? We can go from there."

Zane was about to refuse. That was going too far. But he couldn't say no, Cole sounded so desperate to meet up. So he had to force himself to agree with the man. "Alright, I will tell you."

Beautiful Timeskip, are you all proud?

"Here's the place," Cole mumbled, peeking at the light blue colored house with white framework through the thick shrubbery. No wonder he couldn't find the house, it was on the outskirts of the city near the forest. No one lived there, most of the homes were abandoned. Only the really poor folk lived in those homes. Why was Zane being kept here?

Just as Cole was getting too excited to wait any longer, he saw Zane climb out of the window from the second floor. He was silent, still having his vast knowledge in the art of the ninja. He jumped down and landed silently on his feet. The android scanned the area before spotting Cole.

Zane hurried over, Cole stepping aside to give him room. He had to resist the urge to hug the robot. Oh, how badly he wanted to drown out all his fears with a hug.

"Greetings," Zane smiled, waving at Cole.

"Uh, hey," Cole responded. Hey? That's stupid. What a stupid response.

"You said you wanted us to meet up?" Zane began. "Is there any reason for us to do so?"

"Yes," Cole replied quickly. "How do I say this? You haven't lived here all your life. You- you used to live back in the bounty with everyone else, and we were all so happy!"

"The bounty? Others?" Zane felt a spark of excitement. He could finally get answers! He had been so lost these past few weeks, maybe this Cole person was telling the truth.

Cole, on the other hand, was completely heartbroken. "You.. You really don't remember, do you?"

"No, I cannot recall what any of these are or what connection they have to me. But I am willing to let you try and remind me," gotta love trusting strangers, but Zane really felt like this person was telling the truth. He felt a familiar tug, some sort of want, need even, to trust this man.

Cole smiled a bit. "I'll try my best, Bud."