8 ~ Lonely

Zane hadn't returned home in a week. It had been an entire week, and Cole had never felt so hopeless.

The Earth Ninja tried calling, texting, even walking around the city to find Zane, but nothing was working. The others would be back soon, no doubt about it they would notice Zane's absence. What would he say? He was kidnapped?

Right now, Cole was at home. He was attempting to eat some ramen to drown out his sorrows.

Cole couldn't eat anymore, he's a ghost. But just the sight of Zane's food was all it took to make him feel amazing. It's like his eyes ate the food or something. Only another reason to miss the guy.

~~~~

Zane was in his room in the house. It wasn't much of a room, more like a larger closet, but he was grateful nonetheless. Something was off, and the android knew it. This man who called himself his father knew very little about machines, though he could have had someone else make him? Whatever it was, Zane wanted answers that he couldn't get.

He somehow thought this Cole person had something to do with this. Endless streams of texts and calls came from the same number, the same person. He really wanted to just talk to them and see what this was really about, but his father would never allow that.

He hadn't left this room all day as punishment for 'talking back'. His definition of talking back did not at all match his sources, but he wouldn't argue over that and get punished again.

<·>

Cole was walking around the city in search of the nindroid. He was going in circles, but his clouded mind wasn't aware of that. It was late, very late. The earth ninja shouldn't be out at this time, but who cares about the law when a friend's in danger?

Time was a blur, he had lost count how many hours he had been searching. Determination dragged him along, however.

<·>

"Nothing!" Cole groaned, flopping down on the couch. "Nothing nothing nothing! I don't know what to do! How am I supposed to help him when I have no clue where he is?"

He wanted the others to come back already and help him find Zane, or at least give him some company. He was lonely, and worried, and a bunch of other negative emotions.

He half blamed himself for what was happening. He should have been able to keep Zane here, but he just had to be asleep when it happened. Can't he ever help his friends? He missed Zane so much, and all of this was his fault.