In Which the Shot is Silent

Lance

I woke up to Allura next to me who was asleep. I tried to get up, but she had a death grip on me. I sat there thinking of what's going to happen now. I looked around and saw a vanity and a chandelier on the ceiling. This isn't my room. I saw some make up on the vanity and a box of jewelry. I turned my head and jumped three feet in the air. Coran and the mice were right next to me. I felt Allura move and turn to the other side. Her arm was off of my chest so I took this chance to get up.

I walked to the kitchen to get a cup of water. It was around noon, or at least from what I could tell. I avoided everyone and went back to Alluras room. I sat on the comfy chair next to the vanity. Allura started snoring after a little and the mice ran over to me. I saw the book on the night table next to Coran. I walked up quietly and grabbed it. I went back to the chair and started looking through the book. I saw a few pictures of Allura holding me and some of her fami- I mean our family all together. Allura was in a pink gown just like her mother- I mean our mother, and Alfor was holding me. It looked like a family picture was happening. The last picture in the book was me holding a stuffed animal with a  creature that looked the mix of a dog and a bear. It was a lavender purple with blue eyes and claws. I read the text excerpt. I can believe my parents never told me I wasn't really theirs. I should feel mad, but if anything, I'm confused. I heard a groan from the bed. I looked over and saw Coran moving around before he shot up. He looked around before we both caught eyes with each other. He got off the bed and walked over to me. "Hello my boy. How are you feeling? Do you need anything? A drink? Some food? How about a blanket? Or-" I held my hand up to stop Coran. "I'm fine Coran. I just want to know what this will mean for the future." Coran explained that their will be more precautions put up. I'll need an escort when we go out to which I disagree with. I will need to attend alliance meetings. I will also need to learn all the Altean acustoms to which he said he will teach me.

We started to converse for a little while before Allura woke up from a nightmare. I went over to comfort her. She grabbed me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. After what felt like forever, she let go and asked me if I wanted to see something important to her. I agreed and followed. I was lead to a huge closet on a few levels lower than the sleeping quarters. There were clothes from all over. Allura dragged me to a certain section that held Altean clothing. She grabbed a white shirt and layed it on a table. She placed a blue cape behind it and found some gold pants and black boots that went to my knees. She grabbed a gold belt and threw me and the clothes in a changing room. I put the stuff in and walked out. She looked surprised and ran to grab a belt and some jewelry. She handed me a gold belt and some earnings. I put them on and felt diffrent. It was like I was looking through a mirror of what was suppose to be. Allura had a few tears falling, but she was smiling with a huge grin. "Lance, you are wearing this to the party tonight." Party? "Wha- Wait, what Party?" Allura said that she was going to host a party for people to meet me and see that more hope is here. Our allies will be at the party and it should be going all night.

Allura made me take the stuff off and said that soon she would help me move into my new room next to hers and redecorate. I didn't want to make her upset, so I went along with it. She said she would check on me later while she went to go do some checks on the castle. I was in the observatory for a while before I heard the alarm going off. I ran to get my armor on and raced to the bridge. Pidge and Shiro were in their chairs when I arrived. Hunk and Keith rushed in and tripped over each other. They tumbled all the way to Alluras control panel. It was like something in a cartoon. They both held embarrassed faces and ran, avoiding each other this time, to their stations. Shiro explained we had to stop a Galra base from taking the Azruleians and killing them off. Shiro turned to Allura and asked for battle plans. "Okay, Pidge. I want you to download information from the central command center panel. Hunk you go with her and make sure nothing happens. Keith, Shiro, you two will watch Lance and clear the area. Take out as many troops and rescue the prisoners."