Timetables - Steve Rogers (You Disappear Series)

"Evasive maneuvers, guys. We have to avoid crossfire. On my mark-"

"Destroy that base!"

"And (s)he's already engaging."

Rip sighs. "Follow, Rogers, everybody."

From the sound of his voice, you could tell he wasn't very pleased with you always rushing off. But your life was at stake.

Yes, yours. Not in the way you originally thought.

You never really gave a second glance whenever you were in danger. If you died, you died. So what?

However, Rip had informed you that the Time Masters weren't very amused by your 'performances' throughout the years (in reality, it's only been a few months, maybe a year; but time travel is something else) so they sent an Assassin to kill off your whole team.

Taking all of you on upfront was a stupid idea.

Taking on your younger selves seemed to be more of the Assassin's forte.

They call her the Pilgrim. Stupid name. You couldn't wait to punch her in her face.

"Y/N, we can't just-" Ray groans as he's hit, flying back.

"You want my newborn self dead, Palmer?" You question, raising your Apsis shield.

"Well, no." He shoots some agents. "But this is SHIELD we're talking about. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but these things were made to also take down HYDRA."

"And we were made-"

"Because Rip convinced is we were something we weren't?" Kendra interjects.

"Because I saw something in you guys." Rip cuts in. "Sure, I may have avoided some truths to get you here, but you've done more than enough for people you don't even know, so it's too late to back out now."

"Not too late to call out your bullshit." Sara effortlessly takes down some agents. "Rogers, you better make this quick."

"I'm already inside the building, Lance." You point out. "I know what I'm doing. Be out in a few minutes. Try not to shoot me again?"

"Haha, very funny."

You stop talking and rush through the halls, trying to make it to baby Y/N as fast as you could.

Your dad was almost always at SHIELD, so you had no choice but to be here.

You weren't sure if he was with you at the moment or not. If he was, it was better than the Pilgrim being there, but fuck it's still gonna be hard.

"We're taking heavy fire out here, Y/N." You hear Jax's voice through your comm. "so much for the element of surprise."

"They shot first." You remind. "I'll be out soon."

The floor you were on rarely ever had agents on. The floors below were almost always filled and crowded. They had at least four on your floor. They may have rushed out without giving a second thought to the little ones.

Then again, the only way to get to this floor was by pressing certain buttons in a specific order.

Pulling your mask up, you sigh of relief when you finally find yourself.

"Hey, little one." You look down at the baby.

(His/her) eyes held the same innocence your present self once had.

Brushing away the thought, you scoop yourself up and exit the room, blood running cold when you spot Steve not very far from you.

His eyes catch you in a cold stare, and he runs at you full speed. You make sure you're covered before taking off back the way you came.

You can feel him hot on your trail. This only prompts you to go faster. But he'd thrown his shield and almost knocked baby Y/N out of your hands.

"Ray!"

"Right away!"

Cold metal arms wrap around your torso as Ray does his best to avoid shots and not get you all killed.

"Careful!" You shout. "I'm precious cargo!"

He drops you off near the Waverider, where you limp away while still holding yourself close. When you look down, (he's/she's) laughing.

"Why're you giggling?" You ask. "Do you like seeing yourself hurt?"

You thrust your baby self into the arms of a young Sara Lance, despite not exactly trusting her, but teenage Mick Rory already had Leonard.

"I need to go back out there. Watch (him/her)- me- us- just... watch."

You run back out, but Rip stops you. "Y/N, your leg-"

"I'm fine. I gotta help the others." You push through the pain and run back towards the base, immediately throwing Aspis toward some guards.

"We need to get back." You tell Sara, who was right next to you.

"I take it you're safe."

"As much as I can be. But Captain America is gonna be pissed as hell. We need to leave, like, now."

"If you say so. Everybody, fall back!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's gonna fucking kill me. I know it."

"It's not that-"

"Maybe that's why he's so protective now."

"I'm pretty sure-"

"Because I kidnapped myself."

"On the bright side," Rip interrupts. "You're safe. And the even brighter side, you're the last one we needed to save. I'd say we did pretty good, yes?"

Nobody answers. It's just silent.

"Anyway," you break the tension. "I'm gonna go check on myself. Make sure Assassin Junior didn't break my neck... or shoot me."

Sara rolls her eyes. "For the last time-"

"Off I go!"

You wander through the corridor, mind drifting as you do so.

You're not sure when this happened, or how you ended up here in the first place. Rip just appeared, kidnapped you (hm), and told you that you were part of some legacy.

You didn't really want to leave behind everything you've known and grew up with. But you were convinced that you had to save the world, that you were one of the only people who could.

That was a whole lie. And you wanted to punch him.

You didn't get over it easily, but you figured you had much bigger problems than that.

Sighing, you peek into the room to find the young Sara still cradling baby Y/N, who happens to be fast asleep by now.

You linger for a few moments, hand suddenly flying to the gun in your thigh holster before you even know what's happening.

The Waverider shakes violently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hsjsjdhshsh I don't remember this episode that well. My initial thought was that you're not supposed to save yourself but I can't check bc I'm locked out my life is officially over.
Anyway... should I do another part where you come back? Or should we see how your parents are doing while you're kicking ass? Or both, just in separate parts?
Idk it's really up to you guys. And I'll be more active. I'm trying to stop procrastinating smh. But yeah. What should I do?