Chapter Twelve

(Alira)

Viktor and Dimitri were suspicious about my whereabouts the night Vane's unruly crew that had tormented Max disappeared but there must have been something revealed in my jade eyes something dangerous and lethal that made them think better than to question me. After a grueling morning of training on the beach before the sun had risen, I headed toward Flint's side of the beach as I saw the Walrus make its return. Seeing Billy would help me take my mind off Captain Vane and how angry he was going to be with me once I told him I killed his men, the men he thought were loyal to him.

"Alira!" A familiar voice yelled to me as I made my way across the beach, I turned to see Jake with a gaggle of children playing in the sand, making a small village out of sand and sticks. He grinned and waved me over.

"Good morning, Jake." I smiled as I approached the group of children.

"Her hair really is as white as the sand." One of the girls stared at me in awe as I drew nearer. Even the street urchins had heard of me.

"Are you really a murderer?" One of the younger boys asked me curiously.

"Are you asking because you want to know or are you asking because you're worried I might kill all of you?" I asked the boy curiously.

"The second one." They all paled causing Jake to shake his head.

"Then you have nothing to worry about." I smiled and they all relaxed. I turned to Jake, "Have you seen Billy, did he come to shore already?"

Jake shook his head, "I didn't see him on any of the boats that came to shore."

I frowned at this. There's no way Billy could have fallen at sea, he was too strong of a fighter to be overtaken by the common sailor. "Did you see which way Captain Flint went?"

"Toward the tavern." Jake pointed.

"Thanks Jake." I waved farewell to him and the other children and hurriedly made my way toward the tavern.

Along the way I paused as I spotted Jack Rackham trying to talk to some lesser known crews trying to find a ship or crew that would take him and Anne so they could return to sea. The body language of the men seemed rather aggressive. They spat something at Jack before getting rough with him. Rumors were flying around the island about the disappearance of Hamund and the other members of Vane's crew. In every wild rumor everyone believed Jack and Anne had conspired together to get rid of them not a single person suspected my involvement much in part to Viktor's rule of staying out of other crews' business.

I stepped forward as the men were preparing to beat Jack to death. Catching the fist of one of the men in my hand before it could connect with Jack's face as he lay somewhat bloodied atop a crate, everyone looked to me with wide eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" The man spat at me angrily and made a move to swing his other hand at me.

"Not someone you should fuck with." I smiled sweetly as I tightened my hold on his fist and twisted it in my hand causing his wrist to give with a sickening crack as I swatted his other fist away like a fly. "Now unless you want me to break every other bone in your body, I think you'll walk away from my friend now."

The men grew uneasy.

"We should go, Rick, I've heard about her, she's on that giant's crew, she's their little murderess..." One of the men paled.