six. make or break

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

WITH A solemn look plastered to her face, Kristina sipped the alcoholic beverage then swirled it round the glass. She glanced over to her sister who was being poured another drink as she mourned her deceased friend, Dean, who Kristina met only briefly the previous day but perished shortly after he risked his life in attempts to kill the hunter as ordered by Klaus.

The werewolf didn't know him well but he was a good friend to Hayley so Kristina decided to pay her respects and support her sister as Kristina only received the news that morning.

"You're still going?" Tyler directed to Hayley with raised eyebrows "I drank enough last night. And then i slept which is what you guys should have done."

"We're just paying our respects to dean." Chris, another hybrid and friend of Hayley's, said.

Tyler nodded his head "That's great, Chris, but would you pay them at a bar instead?"

"Come on, Tyler. He was your friend too." Kristina reminded earning a saddened look from Tyler.

"Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." Hayley waltzed up to Tyler and force fed him a shot, catching him off guard. Kristina stifled a laugh and went back to looking at the floor.

"Well don't let me interrupt." A voice announced as they entered the room. Kristina glanced upwards to see Klaus stood in the doorway and became immediately shocked at his sudden appearance.

"I didn't know you were here." Tyler revealed.

Klaus took the bottle off of Hayley and locked eyes with Kristina before gritting harshly towards Tyler "Clearly. Thought I'd just pop 'round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learned that not only was dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter."

Kristina already knew what had happened with Elena and the hunter but for once she needed to put herself first and finally finding her sister was the first step in the right direction.

"Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him on a suicide mission..." Hayley remarked with an attitude.

Klaus contorted his face "Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl."

The werewolf stood up from her seated position and faced him "Don't talk to my sister like that, Klaus." His face eased to a calmer expression, Kristina then took the bottle off him and took a swig.

"What do you care if Connor's dead, anyway?" Tyler asked.

"I have my reasons." He smiled smugly "They have ceased to matter. Cheers."