ten. deaths and decisions

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

IT WAS early morning. A time when all living this would awaken and continue their goals they were set from the day they were born, whether that be creating industries that would change the world, taking care of a loved one in dire need or simply just surviving as they clung to the smallest thread of hope that things would get better.

For the people of Mystic Falls, today was not a day that they would enjoy waking up to as today was the day where they would mourn the death of one of the fallen. Carol Lockwood. Tyler's mother who had been killed by no one other than Klaus Mikaelson.

As Kristina held the small torch in her hand, she held the flame to her candle to pay her respects to someone she knew very well, before passing it on to Elena. The young werewolf glanced over to her ex-boyfriend who sat beside Caroline, mourning the death of his mother and plotting another revenge scheme against Klaus, as the Sherriff spoke into the microphone.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in the times of tragedy, leads to healing. That one community is stronger than a thousand of its members." Sheriff Forbes spoke sadly "But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than just a mayor. She was...an open-minded friend..." Liz directed her sad eyes to Tyler "And a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

Kristina's heart sunk at the thought of herself being to blame for the older woman's death as she watched Tyler stand up and leave the room. The werewolf blamed herself for warning Klaus about Tyler's betrayal to which provoked his anger to take away everything that meant something to Tyler. "Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memory."

Before the werewolf could lower her head she noticed Elena's worried expression that was not caused by the absence of Tyler. "You ok?" She asked.

Elena nodded "I'll be right back."

Bonnie and Kristina looked at one another as they watched the young vampire leave the room, her guilt slowly eating away at her as she hoped and prayed everything would be okay at the end of the tunnel of misery.

______

Kristina's boots tapped loudly against the hard floor as she walked through the halls of the high school, making her way to the exit. As she walked, her phone laid between her cheek and her palm as she answered Stefan's call to give him a harsh blow. "Hey, you missed the school memorial for Mayor Lockwood."

"Well, that's because I'm at a mandatory all- alone drinking party." Stefan's dull tone echoed through the phone.

Kristina's eyebrows furrowed, questions spewing out her mouth "Seriously? You decided to go to the bar without me? Are you going on a ripper bender?"