fifteen. goodbye

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

HEARTBREAK AND SORROW. Those were the two main emotions amongst many that Kristina felt as she pulled items of clothing out of her closet and placed it in her small bag. The werewolf didn't own many things, she never had and never will. Out of habit she wouldn't allow herself to have too many things that she didn't know what to do with or lose in the midst of her crazy life.

Her delicate fingers ran across the pieces of material as she pulled each one out and placed it in her bag, each item holding a memory that came in flashes. Kristina turned to face her closet once more but paused abruptly as her eyes landed on the leather jacket that she wore, near enough, every day. It was the jacket that Damon had gifted her. When Kristina was brought to Mystic Falls, she began to grow a strong bond with the older Salvatore. They became the best of friends and partners in crime.

One day, when he out chasing Elena, he spotted a black leather jacket that was similar to his own. Damon had began to think of Kristina as the female version of himself and knew in that moment he had to get it for her. Ever since then Kristina had never taken it off. Every single situation they had gotten themselves into, she was wearing that jacket.

The werewolf felt a wave of reminiscence pass over her as she began to wander around her bedroom. Her dark brown eyes travelled along the dresser to the photo of Elena and herself as a smile appeared on her face. As she continued to divert her eyes, they locked on the bracelet that she had displayed on the wooden table. The bracelet that Klaus gave her on the night of the Mikaelson ball, the night where she started to develop feelings for him. Kristina put the bracelet on her wrist as her mind started to cast back to the last night she spent with him, but it was cut short when she heard a knock at the door.

She tucked the bracelet down her sleeve and looked into the mirror to see her own reflection and Damon entering the room. She smiled softly "Hey, D."

"Hey." He greeted as he walked in further, his hands dug into his pockets. "I don't remember it being so empty in here. You got everything?"

She nodded and folded her arms "I'm all set. Just a few more things and then I'll be done."

Damon frowned a little in thought as he glanced around the room "It's gonna be weird not having you around. I'm so used to little wolfie things being scattered everywhere."

Kristina chuckled knowing his statement was true. She never was the tidiest person in the world. She glanced down to her hands as a lump formed in her throat and her lip began to quiver. She coughed and cleared her throat before she spoke. "Listen, I have something for you." Kristina reached up and unclasped the necklace that hung around her neck and handed it to him. It had a small chain and a moon in the middle. "It's just one more wolfie thing to remember me bye."