twelve. gone

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

THE BRUNETTE sat at the table that was located in the middle of Elena's kitchen as she moved her her leg up and down nervously. It had been days since Klaus made his promise to her and it resulted in the death of his brother, Kol. She had spent that last few days with her sister, trying to figure out what Shane was hiding from them as he and the rest of her friends ventured far in search of the cure.

The werewolf wished nothing more than to go with them but she had to focus on herself and her sister if she were to find her family again. Amongst all the issues, when the group of friends returned back to Mystic Falls,  Kristina discovered that Jeremy had died. Her heart was broken. Elena was her best friend and spending time with her resulted in a growing friendship between the two.

Kristina attempted to hold back her tears as she listened to Elena try and convince them that he wasn't dead. She was in denial. In shock. Jeremy had been laying upstairs lifeless for hours but fortunately for them, Damon had returned with Bonnie from the island. She had a way she could bring Jeremy back. But it wasn't what they expected.

"Bonnie, you are talking like a crazy person!" Caroline exclaimed "You are not killing twelve people, and you sure as hell cant invite every monster who has ever died back into this world."

"Caroline, I think she knows that." Matt said as he tried to calm her down.

Bonnie shook her head "No. I can do it. I have the power. I can bring everyone back--Jeremy, Alaric, Vicki."

Kristina clung on to every word as her thoughts became one huge mess. She glanced over to Elena as the pair of friends bickered back and fourth. She noticed how distant and dazed she looked until the phone rang, drawing her out of her trance. The room went silent as she stood "I'll get it." Everyone watched as Elena picked up the phone. She began to talk until suddenly her tone changed. "I'm sorry....He's dead."

The vampire slammed the phone down before taking off out the room and upstairs. Every person looked to each other worriedly. The werewolf sniffed before standing and following after her friend in need. She climbed the stairs and entered the room to see Elena hovering over her brothers body. Kristina paused in the doorway as she stared at Elena intently. The vampire hand hovered over the blanket that covered Jeremy's face.

Damon walked up alongside Kristina as Elena dropped the blanket at the sight of her dead brother. She began to breathe heavily as tears formed instantly. She whipped round to face the pair. "He's dead. He's dead. And he's been dead this entire time, and I--"  She gasped in realisation "Oh, my god. I can smell him. How long has he smelled like that."

"Hey, talk to us. We can help you." Damon tried as he slowly stepped closer, careful not to startle her in her already shaken up state.