fourteen. pictures of you

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

IT WAS MORNING when Kristina decided to tell the Salvatore brothers about her news. The news that she was leaving Mystic Falls for good. Currently, the two brothers were throwing a football back and fourth in the living room as Kristina sat perched of the couch deep in thought. As the ball flew over her head, she pondered ways in which she could ease them in gently. "So what has it been, eight, nine days?" Damon asked.

"I don't know. I lost count." Stefan replied, shrugging before catching the ball.

Damon rolled his eyes "We lost count of consecutive days in which Elena Gilbert has not killed anyone. I'd say that's progress, brother."

"So what are we gonna do?" Stefan questioned with a baffled expression "Just throw the football around for another 150 years till Elena gets her humanity back? Because I'm cool with that. What'd you say, Krist?"

The werewolf frowned "Well, considering I'd be dead before I got my best friend back, I'd say go for it."

"She doesn't what the cure." Damon stated as Kristina returned to her deep thoughts that were clearly noticeable "She gonna start killing people if she knows we're still trying to get it for her."

Stefan caught the ball in his hand again, about to say something before eyes caught on to Kristina who was biting at her nail. Damon took notice of Stefan's gaze before they sent each other a matching frown. "Kristina? Kristina." She suddenly snapped out of her gaze and hummed in response. "You good? You look a little distant."

This was it. It was better tell them sooner rather than later but the werewolf couldn't brush off the feeling of dread that was building in her stomach. She unfolded her arms and narrowed her eyes a little "Can you guys sit down a second. I have something to tell you and you might not like it."

The Salvatore brothers furrowed their brows and once again sent each other a glance before agreeing to sit down on the couch opposite, facing the wolf. Kristina fumbled with her thoughts, she didn't know where to start until she finally found the best way to tell them. "Uh-well, there's no easy way to tell you so I'm just gonna come out and say it." She paused noticing their puzzled expressions. "I'm leaving Mystic Falls. My sister and I found a lead in Louisiana to where the rest of our family could be, so we're heading to New Orleans to find them."

The room was silent. Kristina could feel the tension and was awaiting the moment where someone would say something. She looked to Stefan who's expression was soft, she didn't know how he was feeling but compared to Damon's face it was rather tame and calm. Damon stood up abruptly, shaking his head as his frown fell deeper. "What! No, Kristina, no. You're not leaving. You're not leaving...me."