eight. memories are a funny thing

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

IT WAS the day after the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. Kristina had, had an eventful previous day that was filled with many mixed emotions that exhausted her, almost like she had been on an emotional rollercoaster and went round the whole track ten times before stopping. To say she hated spending the day and having a supposed date with Klaus would be a complete lie, but also saying she loved it was also a lie. In fact her life still was not as straightforward as she always hoped it would be but yet she still continued to push through.

When she woke up that morning she had received a text from Stefan telling her to meet him at Caroline's. It sounded urgent. So when she finally arrived she had come to learn that her friend Elena Gilbert was in fact sired to Damon Salvatore. Her best friend, partner in crime and brother. But it all made sense. Elena agreeing with Damon on everything, doing exactly what he says. It was like an exact replica of what Klaus and his hybrids were like.

"This is a disaster." Caroline bellowed.

"Look." Stefan raised his hands "We don't know anything for sure."

"Yes, we do." Kristina confirmed "Elena is sired to Damon, which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his hybrids."

Stefan shook his head "No. It's not. A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

"We already know it's affecting her." Caroline stated quite harshly "She's become Damons lapdog. It's true. Everything he says she agrees with. Everything he asked her to do, she does. We need to do something." Caroline picked up her phone.

Kristina frowned "Woah, what are you doing?"

"Yeah Caroline, this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know it's happening for sure."

Caroline lowered her phone "I need to talk to Tyler, Ok? Maybe he'll know what to do."

"All right talk to Tyler, but please don't tell anyone else." Stefan firmly warned "If this is true, then it may have influence on Elena's every action and emotion since she became a vampire."

______

Kristina and Stefan had left Caroline's and returned home where Elena was now living with her and Damon, Stefan had left due to unwanted feelings and tension of their past together. As they approached the large mahogany door, it was being pulled open by a person or persons. Elena and Damon. The pair stared at Stefan uncomfortably as Kristina watches on, wincing at the awkwardness she felt.

"Hey." Elena greeted, chirpily.

Stefan shifted his weight from side to side "Hey." Then exhaled, lowering his muscular shoulders.