Steve Rogers - Insomnia

I hope this is ok! Get my GCSE results tomorrow and want to write something to get my mind off of it for a bit.

Steve's P

Steve's P.O.V
Y/N walks into the compound kitchen with her glasses on,  really messy hair and looked like she hasn't slept in days. This is very unusual for her. I wonder what's going on.

"Y/N you look like shit" Clint says
"Way to help the girls self-esteem, Barton," Tony says, protective of his sister 'Y/N come with me" and he then takes her hand and leads her away.

Tony and Y/N then leave the room leaving us to wonder what's going on. I hope she's ok because this is not the Y/N we have seen before.

Tony's P.O.V
I lead my sister down to the lab, where i know everyone can't listen in on our conversation.

"sit, " I say, pointing to the medical bed and she obeys. "J, can you do a full scan please"

"Right away sir" J.A.R.VI.S replies

I sit on a stool in front of my sister and start asking questions.

"Have you slept in the last two days?"

"I haven't slept for nearly a week and a half" she answers

"Oh Y/N why didn't you come and see me?" I ask

"I am sick of having to rely on you because of my Insomnia" Y/N answers again

"You are my little sister and I am always going to be here for you" I reply before pulling her into a hug and kiss her forehead. "You know i am always in the lab if you are having trouble sleeping"

"Scan is complete sir and the results are in" J.A.R.V.I.S interrupts

I look at my computer to see that she has low blood sugar, she is 4 days away to dehydration. This is not the worst she has been but i am still worried about her.

"Have you been eating and drinking at all?" I ask

"A little bit, i have been spending a lot of time exercising to try and put me to sleep so i may have lost some weight" she answers

"We need to get some food in you and for you to drink some fluids. Maybe it's time to let the team know about your Insomnia and have Bruce have a look and see what he can do"  i say looking at her

Your P.O.V
I sigh and then look down at my hands. I know that it is time to tell them but i don't want them to see me differently after i do tell them.

"I don't want them to see me differently" i say to Tony

"There not going to see you differently, if anything they are going to be supportive. They don't judge clint for being partly deaf and me and Steve for having PTSD" Tony replies

"Let's tell them after I have eaten but first i need a shower and to get dressed" i say

I walk out of the lab and go to my room where i take a ten minute shower and then dry my hair before putting on a white top with Harvard written across it in red, Black leggings, a necklace and my black baseball cap as well as my white Nike trainers.

I then put on my glasses and walk to the kitchen where Tony is making me and himself food.

"You look like you are feeling better" Steve says, making me jump not noticing him at the table.

"Yea" I reply before making myself some coffee.

After eating all the food, Tony shoved in my face. He called everyone into the living room.

Everyone sits down and i start to get nervous.

"What's this about?" Sam asks

"Y/N has something important to tell you and i want no judgement off anyone or you will be dead" Tony says going into protective big brother mode.

"I have a secret that I have been scared to tell anyone for years. I have a medical conditional called Insomnia" I say "does everyone know what it is?"

"Is it when you have trouble sleeping?" Bucky asks

"Yes, i have not slept in a week and a half and i am so tired but i just can't drift off" i reply

"Bruce, we were wondering if there is anything you could do to help?" Tony asks

"I will see what i can do" Bruce answers

Steve's P.O.V
"I have a secret that I have been scared to tell anyone for years. I have a medical conditional called Insomnia" Y/N says "does everyone know what it is?"

I didn't know what to say or think. She seems like she has no problems in this world and daily she is suffering from a lack of sleep.

I was so deep in thought I didn't notice everyone looking at me. Until I looked up from my lap.

"Are you ok Punk?" Bucky Asks
"Yea, just letting the news finally sink in" I reply "Y/N, if there is anything you want to talk to me about you can always come to me night and day, but only if you are comfortable talking to me about it and not just because you want to get it off your mind.

"Thanks, Steve" Y/N replies

"Anytime" I day getting up and giving her a hug.

"You're the best friend anyone could ask for," she says into my chest

"And so are you" I reply

Everyone went to do their own thing, while I sat with Y/N and watched a movie.

Halfway through the movie, I looked down to see that Y/N was fast asleep. I picked her up and took her to her room before putting her on her bed and placing her duvet over her.

"Sleep tight Angel," I said before leaving the room

I made my way to the lab to talk to Tony.

"Hey Cap, I thought you were with Y/N?" Tony says

"She fell asleep so I put her in her bed" I reply

"Thanks, Cap," Tony says seriously

"I would do anything for her" I reply

"Cap, do you have feelings for my sister?" Tony asks

"I think so, yes" I answer

"Don't break her heart" is all that Tony says before going back to his work

"I won't," I say before leaving the lab with a smile on my face.