The Donkey

This is just for fun and to celebrate 100 reads because I thought nobody was going to read this :) So thank you for reading it!

"What do you mean I'm a donkey?" I started to stomp my hooves at the horse standing in front of me. Who does he think he his? Prancing up onto my farm and telling me I'm not who I really am. The nerve of this guy.

"It's quite obvious that you are a donkey. I mean, you have the longer ears and coarser mane. Why everyone can see that you're a donkey." The horse snorted and flipped his silky mane at me before walking off to graze with the other new horses on the ranch.

I decided to ask my Father about this whole donkey thing because if anyone would know, it would be my Father.

"Dad? Am I a donkey?" He looked up from his water trough and I was once again amazed at the sheen his white coat gave off.

"Of course you're a donkey. Didn't you know?" I looked at him confused and shook my head. I thought I was a horse...

"Hmm, I thought I told you." He shrugged me off and continued to drink while I walked away with my head down.

They all must be playing a game on me. That's it! This all is a joke and when I wake up in the morning, everyone will know I'm a horse again. Just like I always have been.

I picked my head up and trotted over to the new arrivals to finish introducing myself.

"Hello! My name is Jack and I would like to welcome you to my home, The Three Dale Ranch." Some of the horses snickered and I got a bit confused, but shook it off.

A few of the horses nodded their heads in greeting at my welcoming and I smiled back at them. At least some of these newbies have some manners.

I noticed the sun was starting to set over the great red barn and I walked over to my usual sleeping place under the old maple tree.

The joke will be over in the morning and everyone will be nice again, just you wait Jack. Just you wait.

That's what I had to tell myself every night from that day forward.

So in case you guys didn't notice, that was the donkey identity story that Seokmin told Key on the train. I think it's cute. :) Thank you once again, and have a nice day/night.