Chapter 3: 10 Months of Hell (with friends)

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or any pictures/videos posted.

Heather P.O.V:

Ever since I told Nina about my application she's been doubling my training 10 fold. My time in the gym is longer, my combat training is harder, my ballet lessons are tougher. Everything is pushing me over the absolute limit.

But today we were doing something different.

"Come on! Work those leg muscles!!" Nina screamed from where she was on the beach as I painfully ran in the water.

I was supposed to run at least 2 miles while I was thigh deep in the sea. Once that got to "easy", she would amp it up to 3 miles, then 4 miles and so on and so fourth. This was going to replace the ballet lesson I had on Saturday.

Once Nina was satisfied with the work I had done in the sea she would make me do a series of "exercise circuits"; I would do push ups, then sit ups, then a plank, then some star jumps, then repeat.

I thought I was going to die.

Mid way through my third circuit a boy ran past me with a tractor tire over his shoulder, unintentionally spraying sand in my face.

I cough and rub at my eye in pinched up pain, stumbling backwards. My foot twisted in the sand and I fell against the irritating rough surface, my left hand falling on a sharp rock and sending a pang of pain through my hand and a dull ache in my arm.

"Ah!" I hiss, rubbing my eyes with my right hand and wincing at the sight of my blood dripping down the palm of my left hand.

The boy with the tire stopped in horror. "Ah! I'm so sorry!" The boy stammered frantically, dropping the tire and waving his arms in panic from what I could see through squinted eyes.

"I-it's alright!" I ground out through the pain in my hand.

"Heather!" Nina called across the breach from where she was sun bathing. "Everything alright!?"

"Yeah! Everything's fine!" I reply managing to get my eyes open a little more.

"Come on." The plain boy quaked, giving me a hand. "Let me help you." He said cautiously guiding me by my arm to where I assume was his "camp".

"Y-you don't have to-"

"No! I insist! It was my fault this happened! I interrupted your exercise and your hand..." He trailed off looking down at the sand and I caved.

Why does he look like a kicked puppy when he's sad?

We soon reached what I assume was our destination. It wasn't really what I was expecting. We were in the area where garbage and rubbish filled most of the space. It was lucky as me and Nina found a place where the garbage wasn't as frequent, but this boy seemed to want to be near the waste.

"H-hey uh..." He muttered out, suddenly very hesitant, to a skinny guy with ecstatic blonde hair.

A skinny man turned round in shock. "Oh hey! I wasn't expecting you to be back so-" he cut off his sentence when he saw me next to the boy with a bleeding hand. "Geez! What happened!?" He sputtered in shock, his own blood spitting out his mouth. I freeze in shock at the sight but don't say anything while watching their interaction.

"I-um- kicked sand at her-by accident! And she fell over onto a sharp rock..." The boy trailed off again.

The man sighed, wiping blood off his chin. "Geez young Midoriya..." He said exasperatedly. "Alright! Let's fix you up!" He added to me and turned around to get a med kit.