Chapter 10: Mistakes

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or any pictures/videos posted

Third P.O.V:

Ochaco knew she had messed up. She knew that she had messed up big time.

Now, she liked to think of herself as a nice and decent person. She liked to view the world with optimism and she believed strongly that there was always a way to make things better in life, both for her and for the people around her.

But in this instance she knew she had made a big mistake.

When she had first realised Heather was quirkless, her mind instantly told her that Heather didn't belong here. No quirkless child had ever made it to the hero department, and for Ochaco that meant they clearly weren't supposed to be in U.A in the first place. But that wasn't to say she didn't like Heather. Truthfully, Heather seemed like someone she would enjoy the company of, but Ochaco wasn't dumb. She knew her chances of becoming friends with Heather now were slim to non.

But that didn't much matter right? After all, it was like she had said before: it only meant it would hurt less when she had to leave.

Ochaco thought this was fine. So what if she could of made a potential friend? So what if guilt was slowly clawing at her heart? That surely didn't mean anything!

Well, unfortunately, it did.

See, it was not long after Izuku had ran off on the first day that Ochaco had started thinking, really thinking, about Heathers situation. She'd never typically thought about what it must be like for someone without a quirk. The media never really said anything and, as far as she knew, Ochaco had never even met someone who was quirkless. The only thing she'd really heard about them is that they make up 20% of the population and that was it.

So Ochaco decided to do some research.

But, oddly enough, there wasn't much on quirkless people. There were a few articles in tabloids about them but nothing worth interest. Though Ochaco did find one small paragraph by a particularly sympathetic reporter about how it was getting harder and harder for Quirkless people to find jobs.

She then looked at internet rants on the subject. Which depending on how she looked at it, she wasn't sure she didn't regret reading them.

Some rants were sympathetic to quirkless people, similar to the reporter. But those sympathies were often overshadowed by the amount of pure hate that was posted.

Some particularly hateful posts outright said that removing the Quirkless population (in other words: a genocide) was the best option for everyone.

Ochaco felt many things while reading these posts. First she felt horror. Then disgust. Disappointment. Then finally guilt.

Guilt because even if she hadn't insulted Heather directly, she shun her out the same as probably many other people in Heather's life had as well.

But this didn't mean Ochaco agreed with Heather being in U.A. She felt bad for her sure, but that surely didn't mean Heather could finish U.A. It just wasn't possible. You need a quirk to become a hero.

At least that's what she thought until Fight Training.

She had overheard Asui and Heather talking to each other while they were getting changed, she hadn't heard all of the conversation but something Asui had said stuck with her.