Chapter 7: To Think I Was Starting To Like You

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or any pictures/videos posted.

(Get ready for some angst)

(I'm so sorry)

Heather P.O.V:

I waited outside the nurses office for Izuku while he got healed by recovery girl. Izuku wasn't in there very long but when he emerged he looked just as drained as I did, though I wasn't sure if that was because of Aizawa's "rational deception" or because of Recovery girl's quirk. Probably both.

Now we were talking about what had happened with me and Aizawa during the assessment.

"I'm just glad you didn't get last place." Izuku said with a tired but thoughtful look after I had explained to him what had gone on.

I nodded. "Yeah, packing up and trying to find a different school on the first day. What a nightmare."

I didn't need to tell Izuku that if I was last in that assessment Aizawa would of kicked me out. He knew just as well as I did that for people without quirks it was a lot harder to convince people you could do something like hero work. It was sort of strange to me how he could somehow understand so well though. All the other people I've met with quirks have never quite got what really goes on. They have no idea how lucky they are.

But with Izuku it was different. He understands how much quirkless people want to be like everyone else. It was refreshing to talk to him, to talk to someone my own age who doesn't treat me like glass or degrade me. With Nina she's more of a mentor, someone who I'm aspiring to impress and become like. Izuku is probably the first person I even became friends with who's my own age and respects me even if I don't have a quirk. He has a crazy strong quirk as well! Even if it does do damage to him. But even with all that power he doesn't flaunt it about or boast about it. He doesn't look down on others for not being as strong as him. That's why it's so pleasant to speak to him.

"I bet they'll come around though." Izuku said. "The teachers I mean." He clarified. "They'll have to right? I mean, they can't kick you out of U.A for no reason and they already ruled out being 'quirkless' as a reason to expel someone when they allowed them to take the entrance exam. They'll see what you can do sooner or later."

I gave a wistful sigh. "I hope so..."

I froze as someone grabbed both mine and Izuku's shoulders. I spun round in shock to see Iida.

"Iida?" Me and Izuku asked in sync.

I frowned a bit as he ignored me and focused on Izuku. "Is your finger healed?"

Izuku nodded. "Yeah, thanks to recovery girl."

Iida smiled a bit but still didn't look at me. "That's good." He said. "I was really taken in by Mr. Aizawa." He continued changing the subject and shoving me aside to walk next to Izuku. "I even thought 'this is the best of the best' and such. I didn't think the teacher would encourage us with a lie."

Izuku hesitantly nodded, glancing at me to see if I was okay. I mouth an "it's fine" to him and stay were I was walking behind them, even if it did irritate me to no end.

"Hey! You three!" The voice of the nice brunette called from behind us. "Wait for me!" She cried with a smile on her face.