chapter 2

"What?" We were all gathered in the Queens meeting hall. War was drawing closer and it was decided the sooner we left the better. We, being me and Keirran. Ethan was livid. "What do you mean I'm not going? Of course I'm going!"

"It's clearly your lack of camping skills Ethan. I can create fires, cool drinks and open cans without lifting a finger." Keirran joked, but even he looked troubled. Ethan glared at him, not quite as an impressive glare as the one Ash was giving Keirran when we first arrived, but I guess Ash has had much more practise.

"Not now, Keirran." Meghan snapped. She dragged a hand through her hair wearily. "Ethan you can't go." 

"Why the hell not?" Ethan yelled. Over in the corner his parents were looking relieved but he didn't seem to notice. "You lost the right to look out for me, to be my older sister, the day you abandoned us!" The air grew very cold very suddenly as Ash's death glare appeared. I could see he was strugglingnot to run his sword through Ethan, and if he wasn't Meghan's brother he probably would have.

"Look what happened last time I let you and Keirran be together alone, Ethan!" Meghan shouted, her eyes filling with tears. Meghan, the strong, half human queen I knew, was crying. That shook me even more than when she had announced that Ethan wouldn't be going with us. "I won't let that happen again Ethan."

Ethan sounded thoroughly shocked. "Meg I-"

"No Ethan. And thats final."

On my way back to my room I realized, When did Ethan start to believe he was coming? When did I start to think he was coming? Meghan had said he could help me train, not come with us. Yet Ethan had looked so shocked and angry when she had said he couldn't come. Oh well  I thought that's one less person to worry about.

I awoke to a hand being placed on my shoulder. I looked into his blue eyes and sat up groggily. "Keirran. What are you doing here?" It was still dark out, a full moon high in the sky. "I thought we were leaving at dawn."

"Theres been a change of plan." his eyes sparkled mischievously. "All will be explained soon. Just get changed and grab your blade. We leave in ten minutes." And with that he hopped out of the window. I shook my head in disbelief but knew better than to cry out. He would be fine. I shrugged into jeans and a T-shirt, my sword resting comfortably on my hip. I glanced down at my watch. I had two minutes to kill. I sat down on the bed shakily. This is it mum. I'm coming.

Keirran dropped in through the window at exactly 10 past 2. I rolled my eyes. Show off.

"Come on." He said guestering towards the window.

"Out the window? Why does some thing tell me you didn't arrange this with Meghan?" I was rewarded with a smile.

"Do you want to save you're mum or not?" I climbed out of the window, my legs hovering over the edge. The drop had to be hundreds of thousands of ft. "Don't look down, look up." Keirrans voice came form behind me.

"You want me to climb off the roof!?" I gave him a you're-completely-insane look.

"You won't fall. I promise." I took a shaky breath and started to climb. It was actually surprisingly easy once you got the hang of it, and before long I had reached the roof.

"What took you so long?" I looked up into the smoky blue eyes, of Ethan Chase.