chapter 6

I awoke to the sound of footsteps pattering down the street. I wondered who was crazy enough to come down here at night. During the day it had been full of threatening gangs, both human and fey. I shuddered at the thought of what lurked down those alleyways when the sun went down. I went to the window. Outside several fey were coming down the street. They were sidhe, I could tell that much. They wore fancy armour with a frozen rose on the breast plate. Keirran came in, not bothering to knock.

"Keirran who-"

"Come on. We're leaving." He said urgently, cutting me off. Memories of earlier came flooding back. I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks. I pushed those thought aside and focused on the situation in hand.

"Who are they Keirran?"

"Winter knights. Glimmer must have sent word to Mab that we trespassed. We need to leave now."

"Why though? Why would she turn us in?"

"She probably made a bargain with Mab. She would have told Mab if she lifted her ban she could give her the location of trespassers in Tir Na Nog." He left at lighting speed probably to go and find Ethan. Ethan and Keirran were waiting for me in the downstairs hall. Glimmer lay in a corner, unconscious. A small stream of blood was flowing down her face. I turned away.

"Come on." Ethan said, following Keirran down the hall. We went into a small dark room at the end of the corridor. Keirran snapped his fingers and a small ball of white light appeared above our heads. It looked like something from a horror story, the light casting an eerie glow over the empty room. The paint was peeling from the walls, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. Opposite us was a battered old door. Quickly and quietly Keirran crossed the room, the small light trailing behind him. As Keirran opened the door the room was filled with a blinding blue light. The trod. We all dove through, just as the door burst open behind us.