A New Crush

A/N: Alright, I don't ship Pernico, like, at all, but I have an idea. You guys probably won't like it, but I'm using it anyways.

Nico POV:

Austin showed me around camp, and I followed him, only half-listening to what he was saying. I could only turn my head, looking around the camp, fascinated. I saw a stable that held pegasi, a climbing wall that shot out lava and a cave which supposedly was the home of the Oracle of Delphi when she was here.

I still didn't see the cute blondie by the time the tour was finished. I was a little disappointed when I didn't see him. After the tour, Austin and I decided to hang out in the amphitheater, get to know each other. We were talking about the types of music we like when the blonde came out of a building, the infirmary, I think it was called, and started staring at me, and I stared back, not talking to Austin anymore, just looking at his tanned skin, sunshine-yellow hair and sky-blue eyes. Then, I realized what I was thinking about and blushed, then looked away and continued my conversation with Austin.

We kept talking when a hot guy came toward us. He had an orange shirt and blue shorts on, his eyes were a beautiful sea green, and his black hair swept to the side. He kept walking towards us, and I tried to think of something cool to say. Nothing came to my mind. He got to us and smiled. I almost smiled back, but I didn't. I haven't smiled in forever, after what happened to my mother and sister, but this guy almost got a smile out of me.

"Hi! My name is Percy. What's yours?" He asked.

"My- my name is Nico." I replied.

"So, I see Austin gave you the tour?"

"Ye- yeah." Curse my stuttering.

"Have you been claimed yet?" He asked. I had no idea what that meant, so I shook my head.

"No."

"Oh, well, hopefully you get claimed soon, Nico." He said with a wink, and I could feel my cheeks heating up. I could also feel someone looking at me, but I ignored it. I couldn't take my eyes off of Percy even if someone was staring at me.

"Uh, thanks, Percy." I don't even know why I was acting like this. He probably already had a girlfriend, and was not interested in me, that was for sure. 

"Oh, right, I forgot! Sorry, I have to go to the strawberry fields to say bye to my best friend Grover before he leaves. I hope I get to talk to you again, Nico. Bye!" He waved goodbye and left. I was a little sad he left, but reminded myself he didn't like me. I turned to Austin and tried to continue our conversation.

🌈💀🌈

After an awkward conversation with Austin and a delicious meal, which was the first real meal I had in days, I saw the blonde again. I hadn't asked anyone what his name was, because I didn't want anyone to ask why, and because I just didn't want to socialize. I considered going up to him, but again, I don't want to socialize.

He didn't want to socialize very much, either, cause he didn't come up to me. Percy had a girlfriend named Annabeth, I learned, which proved he wasn't interested in me, but I still couldn't stop thinking about how hot he was. 

I couldn't figure out which boy I liked more, and so I was stuck thinking about both of them.

I pulled my hoodie down more, covering my face a little more as I walked to the forest. I didn't want anyone to see me while I was sleeping, since I sometimes turned into my cat form without me wanting to while asleep. I walked towards my makeshift camp, hands in my pockets, head down, while everyone else went towards their cabins. No one noticed me as I walked towards the pine tree, which I learned was called Thalia's pine tree, since she was apparently turned into before the Golden Fleece turned her back and she joined the Hunter's of Artemis.

I turned into my cat form after I went behind some bushes a little away from the pine tree. It was easier to find places in this form. I got to my camp and curled up under a tattered blanket I had found while traveling. I closed my eyes and hoped no one tried to capture me while I was sleeping. I fell asleep shortly after.

A/N: Just to clarify, I DO NOT ship Pernico. I just thought it would be a good idea to put that in this story, because, I don't know why. But, I did. Please don't hate me. Thank you, and goodbye.