Will Admits He has a Crush

Will POV:

I'll admit it. I was a little jealous of Percy. The way Nico looked at him, actually talked to him, while he only glanced at me before turning away. I was staring at him from across the pavilion, watching him eat with the Hermes campers, his hood still on. I wondered why he always had that hood on. Was he embarrassed of his hair or something? Speaking of his hair, I kinda wanted to pet it, even though he wasn't interested in me, and he was more into Percy, but I didn't really care. I still wanted to pet his most-likely soft hair-

"Earth to Will," Kayla said in a sing-song voice while waving her hand in front of my face, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh shut up, Kayla." I replied while sitting upright. I didn't realize my head was in my hands while I was staring at Nico. He didn't seem to see me, or he was just ignoring me, since he hadn't looked at me once while I was looking at him.

"What were you thinking about?" She asked me. 

"Nothing." 

"Yeah right. Who were you looking at?" 

"Nobody."

"Spill."

"No."

"Now." She was just not giving up.

"Fine. I'll tell you later."

"You better."

Great. Now I have to tell Kayla about Nico. This day was just getting better and better.

🌈💀🌈

I saw Nico race off towards the woods after the campfire and I was a little worried and suspicious at the same time. I couldn't chase after him, though, because Kayla would ask me even more questions about where I went, and I didn't want to talk to her more than I had to.

I walked inside my cabin, expecting Kayla to rush over to me and ask me a bunch of questions I didn't want to answer. Of course, that exact thing had to happen.

"Will! What took you so long?! Who were you looking at? Was it that new kid? Or someone else? Spill!" She asked all this really fast so I didn't hear half the things she asked me. I suppose that was a good thing, though. I had an excuse not to answer some.

"I lost track of time, Kayla. I had to help Chiron with something." 

"Okay, fine. That is a good excuse. But still, who were you looking at? Ooh, it was the new kid, wasn't it?" How did she know me so well?!

"Wh- what makes you think that?" I asked nervously.

"Because you were looking in the direction he was in, you're bi, and I can tell you think he's cute by the way you looked at him earlier." She said matter-of-factly. Dam, she knew me too well.

"Fine. Yes, I admit it. I was looking at him, okay? That was your question, I answered it. I'm not answering any more about him, though."

"Okay, okay, I'll back off, geez. You don't need to be so rude, Will." She raised her hands up in a surrendering motion, smirking. I smiled at her childishness. 

Later that night, while I lay in bed, my thoughts wandered to the brown-eyed beautiful boy. I know Nico would never be able to like someone like me, but I couldn't help thinking of him. Maybe someday, we would be best friends. Maybe we could be more than that. Who knows? Anything could happen, right?