Secrets are revealed

Nico POV:

I cant believe that just happened. I was rescued from Drew Tanaka the bitch by a hot Will Solace. I couldn't believe my luck. We ran into the forest, him holding my hand and leading me. I followed without any regrets or second thoughts. My hoodie almost fell off once or twice, so I took to pulling it over my eyes with the hand not in Will's. He was hot, but that didn't mean I could trust him yet.

When we finally stopped running, I leaned against a tree, gasping for breath. I turned to say thank you to Will and run away, but he was looking at me with such a curious expression I couldn't say anything. Instead I felt nothing on my ears. Crap. Somehow my hoodie came off, exposing my ears. I quickly grabbed the hood and pulled it over my ears, though the damage had been done already.

"Um, Nico? Why did you have cat ears on your head?" Will asked, frowning.

"Well, um, they're fake." I tried to sound convincing, putting on a fake smile as well.

"Come on, I'm smarter than that, Nico." I sighed.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Just don't tell anyone else, okay?"

"I promise." He smiled, putting a hand over his heart as well. I sighed again, not wanting to tell him but not seeing any other option.

"Okay. So, I am a- a neko."

Will looked confused.

"Um, so besides having cat ears, what does a neko do?"

"Well, I can change into a cat, and I have a tail. Never, ever, touch my ears or tail though."

"Why?"

"Reasons." Will didn't seem very convinced by this answer but didn't question it further.

"So, if you can turn into a cat, what do you look like?"

I blinked and told him to turn around before shifting into cat form. When in cat form I rubbed against Will's leg. 

"Aww, you're so cute." He leaned down to pet me, being careful of the ears. I purred without meaning to. Suddenly he paused and stood back up. "Hey, you're that cat that I saved from that guy, Octavian, I believe."

I shifted back to my human form and nodded. Most people say that when werewolves shift, they don't have clothes when they shift back into human form. I have never seen one, so I don't know if that is actually true, but I'm so glad that isn't true for nekos. If it were true, Id be so embarrassed right now.

"Wait, only demigods and some other beings (Idk just go with it) can get through the barrier. If you could get through, you aren't just a normal neko."

"What are you suggesting?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, demigods are a child born from a god and a human, right? Well, did you have a parent you've never seen?"

"Well, um, I don't think I ever saw my dad.." I replied.

"Well maybe your dad is a god!" Will exclaimed. "That would also explain why that guy Octavian said you were a 'special one.'" He put the last two words in air quotes.

"Uh, maybe." I shrugged. 

"So, um, since you probably don't want to go back to camp, what are you going to do now?" Will asked. I shrugged again.

"I was thinking I was going to back to camp and just stay out of Drew's way..." I replied. "I mean, that probably isn't the best idea, but Camp Half-Blood is the closest to a home than I would ever have.." I trailed off, embarrassed. 

"Hey, its okay. You should open up more, you know. Its good to let out your feelings at least once in a while." I nodded in response, not wanting to say more. 

"So," Will continued, "Do you wanna go back to camp with me?" I nodded again.

"Okay then. Lets go!" Will started walking back to camp, myself right behind him.

A/N: I understand I haven't updated in a million years, and that is because I'm a lazy fuck, but I will still try and update more often than I have. I apollogize to all of you that had to wait for centuries for me to update. I wont make any promises about updating, because if I do, I will most likely break said promise. Anyways, hope you enjoyed and please don't kill me for not updating my shitty story~!