Discovery

A/N: Just a heads up, this chapter mentions a past abusive relationship!

There was nothing James loved more than relaxing with a cup of tea. So that's what he was doing today alone in his dorm. His roommate, John, had gone out to sketch outside since it was so nice out. Maybe if his allergies wouldn't fuck him up James would've joined him. But seeing as that wasn't the case he let himself sit back and relax. It had been a stressful week for him after all, what with his classes and comforting Thomas after his breakup. At least everything had all been sorted out and Thomas was feeling better. And if all went according to his plan, Thomas would get himself a much better boyfriend.

James knew that Thomas had been head over heels for Alex almost the moment they met. He'd actually ranted to James about the, "Super cute boy with such brilliant eyes." As soon as the two had started feuding though that had slowly stopped. Not that the man's feelings for Alex went away. God, if anything they'd gotten ridiculously strong. Thomas was ignoring them, or was just to oblivious to realize, for whatever reason. Meanwhile Alex had actually accepted his feelings a long time ago according to John. There was apparently a few things stopping him from just asking Thomas out, much to John and James' chagrin. Hopefully this would give them a push in the right direction.

On James' nightstand his phone buzzed. Setting his mug down he saw it was from Thomas. He hoped that the plan hadn't already gone to shit. James didn't want to think of the fallout that would cause. Unlocking his phone he faced his fears and read the text.

Thomas: Is it alright if I come over rn?

James breathed a sigh of relief that the text wasn't filled with typos. If it had been that would've meant he was incredibly distressed. Quickly James shot back an answer.

Jemmy: Sure, come on over

There was no text back and that worried him for a second. However, he soon heard a knock at the door. It was almost too fast, as if Thomas had already been on his way over already.

"It's open!" He shouted. James wasn't ready to get up just yet to open the door. Thomas didn't seem to mind though as he immediately shoved open the door and rushed inside.

Looking slightly disheveled Thomas whined, "Jemmy, my feelings are a fucking mess right now and the gremlin's acting really weird! Help me!" Shuffling over to the side James made room for him to sit the bed next to him. Thomas flopped down next to him right away. James had been expecting this in a way. Thomas was still resisting his feelings after all. At this point his denial was getting a bit ridiculous. So James hoped this would be the straw to break the camel's back. Then again, this was Thomas. He wasn't the best at dealing with these type of feelings.

Preparing himself James asked him, "What's he doing?" Thomas shot up into a seated position. It startled James a bit with the suddenness of the action.

Scrunching his face in confusion Thomas said, "He's getting all flustered and sometimes gets this really pained look on his face. Also, he like forgot or just decided to omit his last boyfriend when talking about how he hadn't dated recently. When I asked about him the guy completely clammed up." Groaning James ran a hand over his face at the others obviousness.

"Thomas, Reynolds was an absolute douchebag. He cheated on Alex, treated him like shit, and even tried to cut him off from his friends. So of course he's gonna avoid remembering that asshole." James told him. There was a pause as Thomas seemed to let the information sink in.

A soft, "Oh..." came from Thomas as soon as it had. The man no doubt realized how much he'd fucked up. Looking down he mumbled, "I gotta apologize to him."