Chapter 6

"..."

Mingyu couldn't speak nor react as his eyes bulge wide open like they were gonna pop out of his sockets any second longer.

His jaw dropped down the ground, feet still rooted on the spot. All you could see was shock and bewilderment evident in his expression.

His mouth was so wide open you could see a fly buzzing itself right in like it was gonna explore some interesting cave for the day, seriously bro close your damn jaw!

'WTF, ' was all that circled through his thought, continuing on with his staring competition with the child that stood before him, even as 10 minutes gone by he still had that baffled look plastered on his face.

"Master what's wrong, " the child before him well more like kid tilted his head in confusion, he questioned with eyes full of concern and tone full of nervousness that was clearly evident in his voice.

The kid still seeing his master unmoving body, began waving his hand a few centimetres away from his master face so he could catch his attention.

"I-Is that your true form?!?" Mingyu was instantly snap out of it, smacking the hand away from his face, completely disregarding the child's question as he asks one in return.

Though he was still in a state of shock he tried his best to calm his nerves, hoping his soul would stay in the mortal realm for just a little bit longer.

Just a tad bit.

"Yes...why?"

"You're a kid! That's why, " Mingyu shouted out loud, a bit annoyed with the boy's carefree attitude.

Hearing this the boy or plump child whatever you wanna call it started to pout due to his master insulting words, "I'm no kid!! In fact, I'm older than master like a thousand and thousands of years older." He retorted back well more like corrected.

"Ha. Oh wow- a hundred and thousands or so years old but has an appearance of a kid...right. Whatever you say kid whatever you say, " Mingyu rolled his eyes over the boy's word, seriously even though the boy was a hundred and thousands years old why the heck does he still has an appearance of a child, damn it makes no sense like an illogical question trying to be solved by a dimwit.

"Hmph master so mean, " the boy began to sulk but to Mingyu it was like a child throwing a useless tantrum.

'Fuck my life I hate kids, ' Mingyu cursed inwardly as he watches the boy who first was crossing his arms pouting in anger to now drawing mushrooms in his little ol corner.

Not bothered to scold the boy for his childish tantrum Mingyu instead just took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling before finally speaking up for the boy's name, "Oi what's your name?"

Hearing this the boy instantly stop what he was doing and started to ponder, it only took a few seconds for him to immediately answer, "My name...I-I don't know I never got one master."

As he whispered softly though enough for his Master ears to pick up, Mingyu who was staring at the boy reactions the entire time notice all the emotions running through his jade-like face, from sulking to frustration and then now to a depress state, he could tell the boy was quite upset either from not knowing his name or the possibility of not having one in the first place.

Though once he heard those word that came out from the boy's mouth, he can now conclude it was his second guess, of not having a name, to begin with.

Mingyu couldn't help but feel slightly bad and maybe guilty for the boy in front of him who looked quite lost and upset, sigh alas maybe he was too harsh.