Chapter 1 - Whispers

A powerful wind swept through the dark city as night began to fall. Most people were at home, drinking tea and going to sleep since it was getting late. But not Jason Milligan. Ever since his parents died in that house fire, poor Jason could never sleep. He didn’t know why, but he just couldn’t. Maybe it was Insomnia. What else could it be? Somehow with the Insomnia, came a new endowment that was thrusted upon Jason. He was able to hear dreams, and even at times go inside them. As weird as it sounded, it was real. Jason could hear the whispers of people in deep slumber, and if he focused on the whispering for too long, he would be dragged into the dream. But what Jason didn’t know was that he had the ability to manipulate and control dreams. And that came with practice as well as experience.

So as Jason walked through the gloomy streets, he shivered as he passed the school that he was going to. The Bone Academy. Also previously known as Bloor Academy, a place that happened to have many unfortunate incidents occurring. Now considering his endowment, Jason had to attend the school as told by his uncle and aunty with whom he lived. He would be in the music department as Jason loved the piano and was great with it. But he was still slightly nervous.

 ‘Bloor.’ Jason stopped in his tracks as he heard a whisper. ‘Take it back.’ ‘Bloor.’ He looked around once, eyes filling with worry. “Who’s there?” He asked out. Before he could say anything, a roaring flame appeared on his arm. Jason cried out, trying to put out the fire until he found himself dragged into another world. ‘Bloor. Take it back. Kill Charlie Bone.’ He could hear the whispers. Jason was surrounded by flames now, and in that second where he saw a young boy, everything blacked out.