Chapter 13 - Suspended.

2 weeks ago.

As night fell and everyone went to their own dorms, Jason was caught behind with work. He had an essay to submit the next day and had completely forgotten about it. So he stayed in the music room and finished off his essay which took around an hour or two. He sighed in relief then proceeded to leave the room and go to his own dorm.

The blonde male entered his room and was suddenly attacked with the snores of five other boys. He did his best to ignore the whispers of their dreams, something he was getting the hang of. He placed the piece of paper in his bag then changed into his pyjamas. As he was about to crawl into bed, he suddenly heard a whisper. But not from a dream.

"Jason. Psttt." Came the noise, causing the young male to turn around with a raised eyebrow. It didn't come from the room. He sighed and fixed his shirt before opening the door to see Olivia. What was she doing here? Jason's face was full of curiosity as he left his room and closed the door behind him. He then looked at the female. "Hi," she said, sheepishly smiling.

"Liv? What's up?" Jason asked curiously.

He watched as the girl rubbed the back of her neck. "I need to talk to you, somewhere private." She looked up at him with pleading eyes.

Letting out a sigh, he nodded. "Okay. Lead the way." He motioned towards the exit of the corridor. Olivia flashed a small smile then headed down the hallway then went down the stairs. Taking another left, she entered the empty cafeteria, which looked rather creepy at this time of night. She turned around to see that Jason had done well to keep up. "What is it?" Jason asked in a hush tone.

For an hour or more, Olivia began to explain everything about the Academy. From the Red King, to his nemesis, to the battles this school had. She then explained how the twisted tyrant that was Ezekiel Bloor, had died, but was somehow still alive. They then went on about how there was some sort of student in the academy who had the ability to strip away endowments. By the way Olivia had described him, Jason realised that it was the same person whose dream he had visited.

"That is... A lot to take on." Jason frowned, looking up at her. He was sitting down near a round table with Olivia sitting opposite him. Biting her lower lip, the female sighed and glanced down. "Are you okay?" Jason asked with concern written all over his face.

Olivia gazed over at him and shook her head slowly. "Just... Nervous. The Peter Pan play is in two weeks, and this is my chance to make a career for myself. If i fail..." She couldn't continue to speak.

Jason leaned forward, a warm smile on his lips. "It's normal to worry, Olivia. But i've seen you act, and i know that you will do great." He encouraged her.

"Thanks." She replied shyly.

It was getting rather late and when the female had noticed that, she quietly stood up, brushing imaginary dust off her legs. "We should get going." She suggested, to which Jason agreed.

As they headed to their dorms, Jason and Olivia were about to split off into their own rooms until the young male felt someone grab his hand. He then turned to look at Olivia's huge grey eyes as a worried expression found its way to her face. "Be careful." She said.

"I always am." Jason grinned. Rolling her eyes, Olivia waved weakly then melted into the shadows. Jason smiled as he watched her leave. He then sighed and went back to his own room.

Present day

Two weeks had gone by, with no sign of the strange kid and Ezekiel. Charlie and his friends were farely relaxed, but were still keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. But the only thing that was out of the ordinary for them was the amount of time Olivia and Jason seemed to be spending together. In those two weeks, both teenagers had grown closer and closer.

In school they would sneak out of their dorms at night and explore, crack jokes and sometimes even steal food. People thought that there was something going on between the two of them. And out of school, they would meet at the Pet's Cafe and discuss random topics. 

It was Monday again, and Emma heard news that Tancred had gotten better. He would return to school the next week and she couldn't be happier for him. A smile appeared on her rosy lips as she entered the school. However, the smile disappeared shortly after as a commotion could be heard. There was a large crowd at the Music department and Emma, who was now filled with curiosity, decided to check it out.

She joined the crowd, all of them who seemed to be chanting "Fight!" as if it were some sort of wrestling arena. Once she pushed her way through the hyperactive crowd, her eyes widened when she saw Charlie sitting on top of a boy, delivering a punch directly to his nose. The strange boy screamed in pain and gave up struggling.

"Charlie!" Emma gasped. As the teachers came in to break away the crowd, Emma watched as Charlie was dragged off. The other kid stood up and Emma could have sworn that she had caught him smirking. What was going on?

Come lunch time, the blonde girl had looked around once she entered, looking for any of her friends. Then her blue eyes stopped scanning once she saw a giggling Olivia punch Jason on the arm. "Olivia!" She called out, but her voice was drowned out by the swarm of hungry students. Suddenly growing impatient, Emma became a bull dozer, pushing her way through people until she found herself standing behind the blonde boy and the dark-haired girl.

Emma gritted her teeth and grabbed Olivia's arm, glancing at Jason. "Mind if i borrow her for a moment?"

 "Hey!" Olivia protested, but the blonde female didn't care. Instead she ignored her protests and lead her out of the room. 

"Charlie got into a fight." She spoke out.

"Wh... Charlie?" Olivia's face was one full of confusion.

Before Emma could reply, Olivia ran out of the room and stormed to the principal's office which in fact was right next door.

There she saw a familiar dark-haired boy slumped over. It was Charlie. He realised someone else's presence and turned to look at the girl. "I'm suspended..."