Chapter 14 - Angel on ice.

“See ya tomorrow, Jason.” Gabriel waved at the blonde male before turning around and walking to his own dorm. It was Tuesday night, which meant that homework had to be done in the Room for the Talented. It was an odd thing and a tradition in the academy. One that Jason would never wrap his head around. Now that night descended upon then and the hallways were empty, Jason sat on a bench in the garden as he allowed his own feet to swing back and forth.

Minutes passed and Jason grew bored by the minute. Why wasn’t Olivia here? He thought to himself. A small part of him worried that she had grown tired of spending time with him every night. As that thought crossed his mind, a frown took over his face and he contemplated going back inside the dorm.

It was as he pushed off the bench that he could hear a piano playing. Jason rose an eyebrow and listened to the music, realising that it rang a bell. It was very familiar, but where from? Focusing more and more on the sweet piano, the male’s eyes widened as he found himself being dragged into the dream world again.

Looking down at himself, Jason’s eyes flashed with fear once he saw that he was wearing ice skates. The boots he once possessed, now had blades underneath. He was standing on ice and almost fell once he heard the piano play. He then realised what it was. Beethoven, Fur Elise. So that explained why the music was so familiar to him. But it didn’t help that Jason was on ice, considering he had no idea how to skate at all. He then looked up at which caused his own jaw to drop.

In front of him was Olivia, sporting a blue ice skating dress as she fluidly skated around the whole rink gracefully, as if she were an angel. On ice. He had no idea that she could skate like that. The way she moved and danced across the ice was truly breath-taking. There was a lot about this girl that surprised Jason. Olivia then noticed him and her face beamed up.

Jason had then realised that she had fallen asleep, which explained why she hadn’t come out of the dorms at night like she did for the past few weeks. That thought put a frown across his face. She was probably tired and bored of the same procedure every day. The frown on the blonde boy’s lips was replaced with a small smile as the dark-haired girl skated towards him. “Hey.” She greeted and spun to a halt. “Coming in my dream again?” She asked with a grin.

How did she know that he came into her dream? Usually people always thought of dreams as reality, but then would realise that it was in fact a dream when they woke up. He then realised that maybe it was because he looked out of the ordinary, and also because the whole rink was completely empty. “I heard the music playing, and it drew me in.” Jason replied.

“Do you know how to skate?” Olivia giggled when Jason almost slipped. She quickly grabbed his arm to prevent him from doing so and he mumbled a thanks in doing so.

“I guess that answers your question.” He replied, struggling to keep on his feet. Or ice skates, in this situation.

Shaking her head, Olivia’s hand reached down and grabbed his and she began to slowly lead him away from the side and into the middle of the ice rink. “I can teach you.” She spoke out softly.

Hours went by in the dream-world, and it was safe to say that Jason was not as bad as before. He could keep his balance, and only struggled a little when it came to skating. He wasn’t as graceful as Olivia, but he came in close. The rink filled with laughter and giggles as both fell down here and there, whilst trying to help the other. It was fun, so to speak.

“Whoa!” Olivia almost shrieked as she tripped, only to be caught by Jason. She almost had a heart attack right there. Breathing quickly with Jason’s arms wrapped around her, she looked up and was immediately taken away by his brown eyes.

Jason stared into her grey eyes, and slowly found himself leaning forward. Ignoring the tingling sensation as their lips were inches apart, Jason and Olivia moved in for a kiss until everything went black. Olivia was pulled out of the dream-world as she had been woken up by Emma.

“Huh?” Jason sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. He touched his lips as he sighed in disappointment. He had almost kissed her. Almost. The blonde male couldn’t help but think of the event that was just a memory. How he saw the angelic Olivia perform her graceful spins. The huge grin on her face when he fell down. Her giggling that bought joy to his ears. He was mesmerized by her. It was then that Jason had realised something. Something that he had never thought of…

 He was falling for Olivia Vertigo.