Chapter 4 - Mr Sandman bring me a dream.

Shortly after the meeting in the Café, Benjamin had to leave along with Runner, leaving Olivia and Jason to share a table. They seemed to get along well as Olivia showed the blonde boy many fun illusions and even once scared her own parrot by conjuring up a spider in the poor bird’s cage. Jason was amused. And he was pleased with the fact that he would at least know one endowed person who was attending the same boarding school that he was going to. Olivia had even demonstrated her acting skills and Jason had to admit that she was brilliant. He even found out that her mother was none other than the famous actress Viva Valerie. Well that was her stage name.

Jason learnt a lot about the boarding school. How it was separated into three departments. Music, drama and art. Olivia, being the curious girl she was, had asked what Jason was assigned to, to which he replied music as he loved the piano.

Unfortunately the day had to come to an end and both Olivia and Jason had to go their separate ways. The blonde boy was slightly nervous since it was Sunday, and the next day he would be going to the Bone Academy. He still felt weird after last night where he was pulled into someone’s nightmare. Who was Charlie Bone? And why was he wanted dead? So many questions flew around his head that he didn’t even notice where he was going. Shortly after he collected his head, a faint growl erupted from the bushes nearby. Jason stopped in his tracks, now hearing a boy yell out. ‘Runner, wait!’ That was Benjamin’s voice. But what would he be doing out at this time? Surely everyone was asleep. It was in that moment where Jason realised what was going on. A dream, of course.

A nervous sigh escaped Jason’s lips as he found himself dragged into the dream world. He was now in the middle of the street and in front of him, was a brown-haired boy chasing a black dog. But that wasn’t all. Right in front of Runner Bean, was a huge truck coming towards the dog at full speed…

 Jason could have sworn that the world froze as he tackled the dog out of the way, saving himself and the animal from the ongoing truck that had loudly triggered its powerful horn. The male blonde and stood up, ruffling the dog’s head before turning around to see a relieved Benjamin. “Th- Thanks!” The boy seemed out of breath. “No problem.” Jason beamed. He couldn’t help but think to himself what had just happened. Had he just stopped a nightmare from happening? Did he really freeze time for that split second? Maybe there was more than just entering dreams. Maybe he could prevent nightmares…