Chapter 7 - Night mishap.

As night fell and students began to go into their rooms, there was only one person sitting outside in the garden, making himself comfortable on a bench. His blonde hair was being pushed by the wind as his eyes darted left and right before a calm sigh escaped his lips. It was Friday night and as usual, Jason couldn’t sleep so he made it a habit to sit out in the garden at night and take a walk around. It was difficult here as there were many different people, which meant many different dreams and whispers. Jason could only ignore a few whispers.

Rubbing his eyes together, he pushed off the bench and shoved his hands in his pockets, taking a walk around. His blue eyes then caught what seemed to be an abandoned building. A rather tall one at that. It was then that someone approached him from behind, speaking out his name. “Jason?” Olivia asked out, causing the boy to jump and turn around, only to relax when he saw a familiar figure. A smile appeared on his lips as he studied her. “Hey Liv. Nice… Pyjamas.” He said teasingly, looking at the purple PJ’s that the girl was wearing. “Shut up.” She blushed just a little and sat down on a bench, looking up at the night sky. “Can’t sleep?” She asked, looking at him as he sat down and shrugged his shoulders. “As usual. You too?” He replied, earning a nod from the grey-eyed girl.

After a short talk of senseless things, both teens began to speak about Olivia’s new play, where she would be playing the role of Wendy. “It’s kinda amazing. Except for the fact that Damian is Peter Pan, and I might have to end up kissing him. Ughh, I hate that jerk.” She groaned in disappointment. Jason only chuckled in response, earning a confused look from Olivia. “You know, most people that hate each other end up usually falling in love.” Jason spoke out with a shrug of his shoulders. The girl only frowned at his statement. “That only happens in books and movies. This is the real life.” She spoke out with a sigh, leaning closer to the blonde boy. “True.” He agreed.

“Hey, wanna go and check out some places?” Olivia asked out, standing up with a glint of mischief in her eyes. What Jason picked out from a week of knowing this girl was that she was a very mischievous one, but also amusing. “Sure!” He replied and stood up, looking around. “Come on then.” Olivia beckoned, grabbing the male’s wrist before she began sprinting off. Jason felt like his arm was going to rip out of his socket. This girl had some strength in her. Chuckling and wincing a little at the same time, he ran after her, keeping the same pace as they entered some ancient-looking building.

Treading up the stairs ever so lightly, Olivia’s glistening grey eyes locked onto Jason who was cautiously walking behind her. She placed her index finger on her lips as a sign of staying silent, to which Jason only nodded and followed her. The blonde male took in front of Olivia, grabbing the cold door knob that would lead to another room. He slowly twisted it and entered inside, looking around twice. Olivia let out a sigh of relief when it seemed that they were the only ones inside. She looked around warily before her eyes fixated onto a worn out desk near the corner of the room. She glanced at Jason then proceeded to approach the desk. There seemed to be a few drawers, but they were locked for some reason.

As they continued to explore the huge, strange room, it was obvious they weren’t alone as the sound of footsteps echoed through the building, causing both their eyes to widen. Snapping her head towards a brown and dull closet, Olivia quickly grabbed Jason’s wrist and fled into the close with him, her grip on him tightening to the extent that her nails were penetrating his skin. Jason tried not to squint and it didn’t help that Olivia’s back was pressed against his chest. Her intoxicating scent now came into play as it hit Jason’s nose, causing him to sigh a little. His warm breath hit her pale skin, causing her grey eyes to widen. What was he doing? She thought to himself. It was then that more noises could be heard and the door opened to reveal a thin looking boy.

Jason peeped a little through the small crack in the closet and his eyes widened when he saw the boy. It was the same one from the nightmare where he was engulfed in flames. His heartbeat began to race up and Olivia could feel it. She just rose an eyebrow and turned to look at him, but his face was pale white and frozen. A frown appeared on her face when all she heard was he jiggling of a drawer then the door closing. Was he gone? Olivia slowly opened the closet door then let out a huge sigh. Her muscles relaxed and the worry in her eyes were slowly drained away. She then realised Jason was in the room and had been shocked at the presence of the strange boy who had entered. Replacing her expression with a stubborn one, she turned to look at the blonde male and placed her hands on her hips. “Care to tell me what that was about?” She asked out to Jason, who was smiling sheepishly.