vii

"... what? "

donghyun dragged hwayoung to one of the empty benches near the convinience store. he told her to sit beside him, and she blankly obey him.

" i love you too. i realised it after five years of being in the same high school as you, after i unknowingly rejected you so many times, and after i have no idea on how i can see you again after we graduated. back then when i was with soojin, i deleted your number, unfollowed your instagram, i got rid all of the possible things that could connect me to you. and i, honestly, regret about it so bad until now. "

hwayoung heard him talking without even move herself a single bit. she was shocked, jubilant, scared, mad, all of these at the same time.

but then, she still managed to keep herself cool.

" well, kim donghyun. "

" yes, lee hwayoung? "

" what is it that make you suddenly, umm, well--"

donghyun laughed softly all of a sudden, made hwayoung stopped in the mid of her talk.

damn, i really wanted to hear you laugh like that for fucking seven years, and now i got to hear it.

" i.. i was so stupid back then, hwayoung. i don't know if i am still stupid right now, but all i know is back then when we were in high school, i don't want to be with you because you are not as pretty as the other girls in our school. all i wanted back then was a pretty girl as my girlfriend, getting fame because of my visual. i never thought about your loyalty to me, you are so kind to me, and i am very mad at myself until now because i didn't realise how important is your existence to me back then. "