Chapter 2

"Daryl?" You called, your voice suddenly soft and shaky, but he clearly heard it as his head whipped around in your direction and his eyes went wide with shock as he spotted you. It was him. His hair was a little darker and longer than the last time you saw him, but that was years ago before the world turned to shit when he left with Merle. He was more tanned as well, but still wore the same style clothes, the denim jeans and sleeveless shirt under his leather vest. He was still the same guy you had fallen in love with all those years ago, the same guy who you never thought you'd see again.

"Y/N?" Daryl questioned in shock before he ran over to you and within a split second you were in his arms and you couldn't hold back your emotions anymore as you began to cry. Daryl was alive. He was alive and you found him. "I'm sorry. I never said back. I love ya Y/N. I'm so sorry for leaving ya." Daryl whispered as he hugged you tightly, resting his head in the crook of your neck.

"I missed you so much, Dixon." You replied as he pulled away from you slightly, cupping your cheeks in his hands before his lips hit yours. It was soft but passionate as he lowered one of his hands from your cheeks as he wrapped it around your waist pulling you closer until there was no space left between the two of you as you kissed him back. Your lips fitting together like two puzzle pieces and when you finally broke away he looked at you, wiping the tears from your cheeks with his thumb.

"Well I'm guessing you two know each other." The same mans voice stated bringing the two of you back to the real world as you both turned around to face the rest of the group and Daryl nodded.

"This is my girl, Y/N. Ya can trust her, she's good." Daryl finally said and you were unable to hide your smile after hearing him call you 'his girl'. You glanced around at the members of Daryl's group and they were all looking at the two of you with smiles and surprised looks on their faces.

"Yeah, I kinda worked that out when she saved my life, well all of our lives. Thank you by the way, I'm Rick Grimes. This is my son Carl, T-Dog, Lori, Carol, Glen, Hershel and his daughters Maggie and Beth." Rick introduced motioning to the different people and you nodded, taking mental notes of everyone's names and faces. But you quickly realised Merle wasn't there and suddenly your heart dropped as you realised what must of happened. There was no way Daryl would leave his brother... unless he wasn't here anymore.

"Thank you helping us and I'm glad Daryl finally found the girl he has told me so much about. It's good to finally meet you." Carol suddenly said bringing you from your thoughts as you glanced up at Daryl who blushed slightly and you smiled before spotting a few walkers walking down the road towards the group of you.

"We need to get out of here. Those gunshots would have attracted more. Do you guys have any cars?" You questioned glancing over at Rick, knowing he was the leader of the group and he nodded pointing to the vehicles parked by the intersection and without any further word you all began walking towards the cars.

You stuck by Daryl's side as you walked with everyone, not really trusting these new people yet, but you figured if Daryl trusted them then they weren't bad people.

"C'mon, ya riding with me." Daryl suddenly said taking your hand as the others all began climbing into the cars. Wait did he say ride?

"No way! You still have this?" You suddenly questioned as you spotted Merle's old motorcycle parked next to one of the cars and Daryl smiled softly at your excitement. He sat down on the bike and you followed sitting behind him, wrapping your arms around his waist as he started the bike up and began riding down the road. You rested your head against his back as one of his hands gently covered yours on his stomach and you smiled at the small touch, remembering back when Daryl had taken you for your first motorcycle ride.