prologue

Bea's POV:
Yellow streaks fill the room. If you were there, you could here the screams of Nora Allen being murdered. The last thing Dr. Allen said to his son was "Take Beatrice and run! Run Barry, Run!"  You would see a young boy running with his four year old sister, holding his hand.

Sirens. The cops. The coldness in the air. A young girl, screaming for her mom. A respectable man, husband and father getting arrested and framed for the death of his wife. Siblings being separated based off a last will and testament.

But you weren't there. I was. That night when I was four, momma's death, daddy getting locked up, and being separated from Barry.

I'm seventeen now and I live in Queens with my mom's friend May and her nephew, Peter. Peter and I were always close. We were in the same grade -even though I was a year younger than him, I skipped eighth grade- and he was always just down the hall.

We were like brother and sister, but I always had a little crush on him. The way he'd talk about things he was passionate about, the way he'd stutter around me, when he ran his hands through his hair, it was perfect! But I'm stuck in the friendzone. Ever since  Liz left, he had eyes for Gwen Stacy and Gwen Stacy only.

It hurt the way he looked at her, the way he'd talk about her. I felt like I was trapped in an ocean of sadness without a live vest. He'd always go missing for his 'sTaRK inTErnShIP' but they were probably just making out in a janitor's closet.

I mean I did date but my last relationship ended with my girlfriend throwing a chair at me. I'm a pansexual legend.

Anyways let's start the story with the day of the accident.

I was leaving to go to Central City for the week. Every year, I'd go see Barry for a week and we'd chat. He's having the same problems with a girl named Iris. She is a literal cinnamon roll to me.  Also I realized May and Peter never asked about my brothers name or his location. Weird

I was getting packed, when Peter knocked on the door.

"Hey Pete" I said turning around.
"Hey Bea" he said with a small smile. His hands where in his pockets so I knew something was up. "I got you a little surprise." He said with a smile.
"Pete, you didn't have to get me anything." I said giving him a hug. He pulled away and pulled out a  Swarovski necklace. It was from their Aura Collection. It was simple, just a gold chain with a small, round crystal. The crystal a dusty shade of pink with yellow undertones, but it wasn't rose gold.

"Holy shit Pete! It's beautiful! How'd you get the money for this?" I squealed.

"I know a guy. He accidentally got his wife the same thing for Christmas" he said raising his elbows. He pulled out the necklace and put it on me.

"It's beautiful Pete, thank you. I'm never taking it off." I said giving him another hug.

A few hours later I said my goodbyes to May and Peter and got in an Uber to the airport. When I got my bags out freaking Spiderman catcalled me saying "Hi beautiful, you are looking good today!"

I got on my flight and the guy next to me fell asleep on my shoulder. His name was Jack Kim and I guess he worked for Dr. Marie Marigold at S.T.A.R Labs. We talked after I woke him up. Their Particle Accelerator was to start working today, and Barry and I were going to watch it from his CSI lab.

Let's fast forward to when we watched the Particle Accelerator explode. 

Barry and I were talking about how amazing it was. Then we saw it explode. Barry went over to open up something, I wasn't paying attention but I went to help. Lightning struck and I felt a surge of pain rush through my body. Then the world went dark. I don't know if I'm dead but based off of what I can pick up from I could hear words like "coma", "heart", "seizure", and "brother".

May POV:

It's been five months since Bea has been missing. I'm panicking, Peter is in denial. He's been patrolling as Spiderman even more than before to find here. We keep getting calls from Central City, but they are probably scams.

I finally decided to pick up the phone.

"Hello" I said, shaking with fear.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Wells. Is this May Parker?"

"Yes it is"

"Oh. Great. Just so you know, everything you say is being recorded. I'd like to inform you that Beatrice Allen and her brother Barry we're struck by lightning the night my Particle Accelerator broke. They are both now in comas"

Oh my god. It's all my fault. I let her go. If only I'd let her go a week later we wouldn't be in this position.  I start tearing up

"Oh god, where is she"

"In the hospital, unlike Barry who was permitted to my lab. He is recovering faster than her because I know how to manage this, and I would like to bring Beatrice in"

I want what's best for her. I don't care if this is a scam.

"Do what you can" I say with hesitation.

"Also you may not tell anyone. Not even Peter. I know he's worried."

How'd he know Peter's name? My chest felt as heavy as an elephant. My head was throbbing and I was shaking in fear.

"Why? How do you know Peter?"

"He's been spamming Beatrice's phone. Peter might make rash decisions because of this."

"Alright, I won't tell him"

"Great, Beatrice will be back in no time!"

He hung up. I broke down crying. All the thoughts of Bea as a child rushed back to my head. My heart was heavy and it felt like I was hit by a bus.

Peter POV:

It's officially been a year since Bea had gone missing. I looked for her every day.  May used to tell me that I loved her before I could grasp the concept of love.

It's also been three months since Gwen died. Everyone could tell I wasn't coping well.

Ned also officially became my guy in the chair. Mr. Stark liked him and thought he was right for the job.

Today Mr. Stark called us in unexpectedly.

"Kids, we're going on a trip to Central City. Turns out they have the fastest man alive. We need him for a job. Your legal guardians already know and F.R.I.D.A.Y has already had your bags packed. I packed your suits in case you see any ladies"