Chapter 6: Aura's Breakthrough

*time skip two days later brought to you by Grant Gustins singing*

Bea POV:

Everything at S.T.A.R labs was going great. Cisco brought in a team to help me be a superhero. It included that Jack Kim guy that fell asleep on my shoulder when I came to Central City. There was also Doctor Marigold and her daughter Stephanie Sirius.

Today I went on my first mission as Aura. Barry had accidentally leaked to the press that he had a sister with powers, but I'm not sure it was accidental.

Barry and I teamed up for my first mission. I put the suit on for the first time and everyone's mouths dropped.

"Make sure no boys see her" was the first thing Barry said. I rolled my eyes eyes playfully at that comment. He was always joking about me being beautiful and boys were coming to get  me. I think he did that to bolster my self-esteem, but I know I'm not attractive. Many people let me know during highschool.

Stephanie was the next to speak by saying "I think you look beautiful Bea, with or without the suit." Did she just read my mind?

Jack made a comment on how I could make a gay man straight. Well, how I could make him straight. I found out he was not straight when he came in yesterday wearing a big rainbow blanket screaming "I'M GAY AF" because pride month had just begun.

Dr Marigold, Cisco, and Caitlin all said something along the lines of looking badass.

My first mission was to stop bank robbers.

Barry walked up to me. "Okay, Bean, I want you to be as safe as possible." He said using his old nickname for me. I will always be his bean. "Now what we're going to do is I'm going to run us in, you'll knock them down with your powers, and I'll handcuff them and run you out.  I'm only really there for transportation. Got it?"

I nodded my head and he hugged me tight. " I love you Bea" he said and he gave me a kiss on my forehead. He is honestly the best brother ever.

He picked me up and ran to the bank. We were there in seconds. The men saw us and tried to shoot me, but it bounced off the vibranium. I put a force field around the people in the bank and used my power to grab their weapons. The rose gold shimmer wrapped around guns, knives, bombs and anything you could name. I disabled all the bombs before I pulled, then someone from behind me grabbed me and started choking me. I gasped for air. What do I do?!

A few seconds later the guy was off of me. Barry stood right next to me.
"Thanks Flashy" I said. He rolled his eyes. I took hold of the guns again, but it was harder because now the men were prepared. They had their hands on every weapon they owned. I still got a hold of the weapons, but I was too weak to pull. These men were buff and holding their armory for their life.

" Pull me back a little" I said to Barry. "And use super speed"

He took my waist and pulled me back. The weapons fell out their hands and slid behind Barry and I. Barry quickly hand cuffed them in a circle.

The people cheered. They were clapping. Someone screamed "Y'ALL SHOULD DATE" and Barry screamed back "NO SHE'S MY SISTER." proudly. After he said that, the crowd went wild. A young girl ran up to me and asked me for my autograph. I signed it and wrote a little note saying "never give up on yourself cutie 🖤 Aura"
"What's your name?" the little girl asked. "I mean your superhero name."

"I'm Aura" I said in a soft tone. "Hey! We have almost the same name!" She said mispronouncing almost. SHE IS SO CUTE!!  "I'm Aurora." She said happily. "Well Aurora, you are the cutest thing I've ever seen, and you will do great things in the future."  Aurora smiled. "Thank you" she said and hugged me. I hugged her back and she ran back to her mom.

"You ready to go" Barry asked. "I'll get you Ben and Jerry's."

"LETS GO THEN!" I said in a funny tone.