Chapter 1: Waking up

Beatrice's POV:

I feel a jolt of energy go through me. There were.... people talking around me. I hear "ocean eyes" by Billie Eilish playing in the background.

I can barely make out the words.

"Why are you playing this song again?" Said a woman. She seemed annoyed.

"I talked with Barry and I guess she used to listen to this song 24/7. Maybe like Barry, she'll wake up."  A man said. He sounded like one of the guys who lives in his mother's basement.

I finally decided to open my eyes. It felt like I was jolted back into reality. Relief was found in sore muscles. It felt like my whole body was just lying down on a long road trip and I never moved. I shook my body around a bit so I could relive the burden on my soreness. Then the two people looked at me.

"She's up" said the woman. She was pretty and looked a bit like my ex-girlfriend. She looked kinda worried.

"I'll notify Barry and Doctor Wells" said the man. I was right, he did look like he came out of his mother's basement, but he looked nice.

Then Barry came rushing down and hugged me. He came in a millisecond. That's impossible.

"Bea, thank god you're alive" he said worried.
"Barry what's happening?" I  softly said.

The lady overheard " You were struck by lightning and you were in a coma for a year. Instead of dying, your cells started healing at a rapid pace."

"And you are?" I said in an inquiring tone.  She looked really uptight.

"I'm Dr. Caitlin Snow" she said. I've heard of her. She was mentioned in the papes because she helped with the Particle Accelerator. "And that in Cisco Ramone" she said looking over at the mothers basement looking dude.

"Oh, cool." Then I looked down. I seemed more toned. "Is there any chance that the lighting made me toned and hot?"

"I guess you could say that" Barry intervened. He also looked more toned.  "Where you struck too?" I asked inquisitively. "Yeah Bea, I was" he said with a sigh."

I kinda want to eat a bunch of rolled ice cream and then get struck by lightning again. It's better than working out I thought.

Then I looked down at my hands. They had a rose gold misty like thing coming out of them. And like any person who finds out they have superhero powers, I screamed.

Cisco rushed over to me. "Hey, it's okay. Your just having your Barry moment."

"Barry moment?!?! Barr, what does he mean?!"

"You realized after the lighting strike and the coma that you have super powers. I realized this too."

"I have superpowers?!?!! You have superpowers?!??!?" I screamed. I have to be dreaming. This is too crazy to be true. "Prove it." I said.

Barry sighed and then a scarlet streaks went by and Barry was gone. A few seconds later he came back with a Sprite and M&Ms. He remembered my movie order. I'd always had a Sprite and M&Ms. What a great brother.

"YESSSSSS THAT WAS AWESOME" I squealed. I started to sound like Peter. Peter, oh my god. I forgot about him. He's probably so worried. Nah, he's probably making out with Gwen. I'll call him later.

"We did some tests on you, and you have the power to manipulate energy and the mind. Also you can use the energy to mask your face and voice." Caitlin said. She flashed a small but genuine smile at me.

"To put it in easier terms, you basically have telekinesis but with your hands. And it has a rose gold shimmer. Like an aura." Cisco said smiling. He had a funny graphic t-shirt on that said
                  'Haikus are easy
     But they don't always make sense
                   Refrigerator'

"Luckily I wasn't raised in a radical Catholic's home" I said referencing Stephen King's Carrie.  Cisco laughed, he got the reference. 

"Is it okay if I make a call, my friend is probably worried about me. I won't tell him about my powers." I said.

They all nodded and Barry gave me my phone. It hadn't shattered, yet.

I went to Peter's contact and called it.

"Hey, this is Peter. I'm currently unavailable, so leave a message at the beep." The voice said.

The beep came and I started talking.

"Hey Pete, it's Bea. I'm okay. I was struck by lightning and into a coma for a year, but I'm recovered. I hope everything is going well with you and Gwen. I love you."

I hung up and turned to Barry. "Jitters?"

He responded pretty quickly. "Of course"
-
Words: 782 😀
-

Hello! I guess this is the first chapter. Thanks for reading it! Sorry it wasn't out sooner, this guy at my school has been talking about really uncomfortable topics and has been sexualizing me....... Yeah I had a few panic attacks and breakdowns. If something similar to this is happening to you, my messages are always open.
A living meme ❣️